• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

reclaiming charges court claim - The "Claim Too vague" defence and guide to amending a claim

GaryH
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6121 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

i have a court transfer letter and a defence saying 'too vague'. I filled using MCOL and sent no other details or particulars to the bank, court or solicitors. Do i need to amend the claim or send anything out?

many thanks

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

good day every one

im new to this and my be in need of some help

i have sent out the all letters asking for my charges back with interest.

and i have started to fill out the n1 claim from. im looking for help to see

if i filled it out right

court lancaster

claimant

me

defendant

lloyds tsb bank plc

lancaster

brief details of claim

[removed template POC]

value

from start of claim 25/5/2007

£2611.00+interrest @8%=609.67 total=3220.67

plus court cost at £120

particulars of claim

[removed template POC]

can you tell me if this is ok to file with the court

many thanks for all your help axaman

Hi Axaman, and welcome, what you have posted looks very good;) , as I am not an expert, I will direct you to here, The Consumer Forums libraries - bank charges materials and other issues scroll down to particulars of claim text.

You also need to start your own thread, so we can follow your claim, and give you any advice, though going by your first post, you will be advising us, which is good, lot of people need help, me included.:p

Good luck with your claim, and the best advice of all,

Read read and read some:p more

If I have been of help, you may click my scales.

LTSB court date 25/7/07

17/7/07 I WON I WON I WON!!!!:p :grin:

HSBC court date 11/9/07 (stayed)

CapOne lba 7/1/08-15/3/08 WON.

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Read Read and Read Some:razz: More

If I've been helpful in anyway please tip my scales:rolleyes:

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

Hi, could do with a little advice on what to do please!

got the notice of transfer of proceedings through with the following as the banks defence -

'1. This Defence is served without prejudice to the Defendant's contention that the Particulars of Claim is insufficiently particularised and is embarrasing. The Defendant reserves the right to plead further to the Particulars of Claim once they are sufficiently paticularised.

2. The Defendant will object that the Particulars of Claim in this action disclose no reasonable cause of action against the Defendant and makes no specific allegations against the Defendant as to why the Defendant should be liable to the claimant for the amount claimed.

3. The Particulars of Claim do not comply with Rule 16.4 la of the Civil Procedure Rules as 'amongst other things' they do not identify the account in question that appears to form the subject matter of these proceedings, or indeed show how the sum of £3889.95 is arrived at, and there is no pleaded basis in law and fact for the claim itself, the Particulars of Claim are too vague.

4. The Particulars of Claim shows no reasonable grounds for bringing the claim and should be struck out pursant to Rule 3.4 2a-c of the Civil Procedure Rules.

Now obviously we didn't detail our claim enough on the original form submitted to Moneyclaim, and dived in head first without the neccesary preperation but I really dont want them to win because of this so am looking to rectify this if possible.

We then recieved a Notice of Allocation to the Small Claims Track (Hearing)

This ays that ' By 25th July 2007 the defendant must file and serve a comprehensive witness statement from a responsible employee with statement of truth explaning the Banks charging regime and exhibiting all relevant documents justifying it; and, if they are discretionary, the decision to apply the charges the subject of this claim to the claimant.

In default of compliance by the defendant the defence is struck out on 26th July 2007 and the claimant may apply for judgement'

I dont understand why they havnt asked for anything more from us as we obviously didnt give enough information on the initial forms? Also dont understand what will happen next. Can you advise me on the best course of action for us to take please!

You don't actually need to do anything - just wait for Lloyds to either pay up or default on the order and be struck out.

The judge has ignored Lloyds objections to the clarity of your claim so you needn't worry about that now.

Send this letter to the court on the 25th -

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/57708-draft-order-allocation-questionnaires.html#post757475

(thats only a guide, btw - you'll have to amend to suit)

Please remember to DONATE! Help CAG keep up the fight!

Any advice or opinion is offered informally & without liability. Use your own judgment and if in doubt seek advice of a qualified and insured professional.

Hi,

hope you can help? just heard from court that they have struck my claim out to retrieve my bank charges from Lloyds TSB. I thought that I sent everything that was asked for but then they sent me an order again asking for particulars of the claim specifying a list of all charges complained of showing the date and amount of each one and the stated reason for it. This I thought I did. I'm not sure if I understood what was asked of me but next thing I have a reply today dated 9th July 07 stating it was struck out. Can you help in telling me what I need to do now and whether the information I am supplying is correct and what they want?

Unfortunately, I need help urgently as I only have a couple of days to reply. Thanks alot.

Paul

I thought that I sent everything that was asked for but then they sent me an order again asking for particulars of the claim specifying a list of all charges complained of showing the date and amount of each one and the stated reason for it.

You are going to have to post exactly what the Direction Order said and exactly what you sent in reply.

Paul 283, Hi, as your case is at Birmingham, you need to pm Gary H, he will have further information to help you.

Good Luck:D

Birmingham County Court

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Seek the advice of an insured qualified professional if you have any doubts.

The day after I posted on here we recieved a letter from the banks solicitors offering to settle our claim in full, before it reached court - £4110To do this we had to sign a letter to say that we will not take any further action against the bank (court). Does this apply only to this partivcular claim. As we also want to try and claim back charges from the credit card, also a Lloyds account. Help would be appreciated, thanks

The day after I posted on here we recieved a letter from the banks solicitors offering to settle our claim in full, before it reached court - £4110To do this we had to sign a letter to say that we will not take any further action against the bank (court). Does this apply only to this partivcular claim. As we also want to try and claim back charges from the credit card, also a Lloyds account. Help would be appreciated, thanks

if you agree to their terms, ie sign the letter as it is, you will not be able to make any more claims against the bank and the many subsidiaries they go under, do not agree to it. cross out anything you do not agree too, and send it back, I know there is a template letter some where, will have look.

CONGRATULATIONS, another settled claim to add to the long list:D

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hi 1st posting hope it's on right thread

We have 3 Court Claims against LLoyds TSB 2 personal 1 Business

the 2 personal are being dealt with by SCM LLoyds usual solicitors - but the Business 1 by MARTINEAU JOHNSON ( anyone else had contact with this company) LLoyds are defending all 3 - but we have had a letter from MJ offering a reduced amount - but saying that as our liability to the bank currently being managed by the banks Customer Debt Management Dept exceeds the amount of the claim there will be no payment out to us. But our liability will however be reduced by this amount. They also state this is Confidential and Privileged which means it will not be produced in Court and is confidential between you, us and the Bank. They want us to sign this letter - and once rec'd will arrange for the credit to be made.

Has anyone had any dealings with this solicitor - and can they do this - or would they not have to put a couter claim in - for my liability to them

Any HELP would be appreciated.

LinG:confused:

jGj, Hi and welcome to the forum:)

Not sure on buisness accounts but, if you are the one making the claim, say you will take it to court, and let the Judge decide, why should you settle for less?, and why should what they unlawfully charged you go towards lessening the debt? ask for the payment in cheque! it is money they have taken from you unlawfully, you decide how to use your money, not them:mad: Tell them you are carrying on with your claim, and do not agree to anything they are suggesting.

You need to start your own thread, so we can follow how things progress and give advice.

Go to LTSB forum, top left, click blue New Thread, copy above thread, and your away:D

Happy claiming:D

and read read and read some:p more

LTSB court date 25/7/07

Citicards lba 14/1/08

Hello

Just a few quick questions about ammending my claim.

Can i post the forms to the court or do i have to take them in person (only i work full time an hours drive away from my court) ??

Also does anyone know how much the fee is for ammendments (only i have heard it is £35.00 then someone said £65.00!!) ??

Thanks

Hi

I am so confused!!! I am at the stage of going to court. Reading through the site i am so scared that i will get it all wrong when filling in my court form.

Is there a step by step guide??? on how to fill in the court forms. I feel really inadequate and really dont want to get it wrong.

Do i need to get a "terms and conditions" from LLoyds and i have read also that i need to download another piece of information regarding bank charges something to do with putting a "court bundle" together.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Maggie

Hi

I am so confused!!! I am at the stage of going to court. Reading through the site i am so scared that i will get it all wrong when filling in my court form.

Is there a step by step guide??? on how to fill in the court forms. I feel really inadequate and really dont want to get it wrong.

Do i need to get a "terms and conditions" from LLoyds and i have read also that i need to download another piece of information regarding bank charges something to do with putting a "court bundle" together.

HELP!!!!!!!!

Maggie

Hi

This link should help:

Error

Link DOES work!

You don't need to do your Court bundle until you have your Court date. Please have a good read round the site, it is very important that you know what you are doing before you start the Court claim.

Also please start up your own thread and then we can give you any help you may need on it.

Good luck!

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

Thank you so much Barty for your quick and speedy responce. The site is excellent.

However i am confused regarding MCOL and N1 forms!!!! am i right in thinking that it is better to do all the forms myself and then submit them to my own local court instead of going through MCOL????

How do i set up my own thread as advised.

Once again many thanks Barty

Regards

Maggie

Thank you so much Barty for your quick and speedy responce. The site is excellent.

However i am confused regarding MCOL and N1 forms!!!! am i right in thinking that it is better to do all the forms myself and then submit them to my own local court instead of going through MCOL????

How do i set up my own thread as advised.

Once again many thanks Barty

Regards

Maggie

Hi

It is the preferred method on here to use the N1 and submit it to your local Court.

To start up your own thread, go here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloyds-bank/

Then click on the newthread.gif button, call your thread "Maggie V Lloyds" or something similar, and then type away!:)

Barty:)

I WON!!!! :D :D :D

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/lloydstsb-successes/1774-barty-lloyds-tsb.html

IF I HAVE BEEN HELPFUL PLEASE CLICK THE SCALES:)

• dx100uk changed the title to reclaiming charges court claim - The "Claim Too vague" defence and guide to amending a claim