style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I moved in to my flat on the 28/12/12 as a British Gas energy only customer paying £90.00 per month

seems rather a lot for electric only and a single occupant ,

eventually it became too much I put myself on to prepayment and negotiated a repayment of £5.00 per week , 2 months prior to debt ending and monies added would be mine

then out of the blue added an extra £300 apparently they forgot to add this and the meter didn't update with the outstanding amount !!!

Now in the mean time I had been complaining I have night storage heaters.

Ill health and usage is to high ,

pretty much the answer was tough if we send an engineer we will charge you ,

despite engineer who put the prepaid meter in walked around my property and said you have night storage heating and your heating is cheaper between midnight and 7 am and stated I had a two rate meter

January 27 th 2017

I had a call from EDF to move my energy so much cheaper

now fed up with BGAS decide to leave ,

weeks later call to find out what's going on

guy who rang me took my address down wrong and I would have to start process all over again

I said forget it , plus having given them the serial meter number told me I was on the wrong meter !!

Contacted BG passed from pillar to post eventually 27 th of February install two rate meter ,

finally now the refund after my stress ,

frustration ,

anxiety

and almost asthma attack

I end up emailing BG CEO before I killed advisors I spoke to

was laughed at lied to and past around to every department of BG ,

finally were getting some where ,

9 weeks later

after 4 and half years

admitted they are in the wrong and will advise how much I have over paid ,

wait for it today I got a call despite I DO NOT trust or believe them I over paid £125

I'm still stunned , shocked

it's never going to sink in either and the compensation I asked for will be no where near

even lady dealing with it said no it's not a lot and has asked they recalculate it so

if she doesn't believe it then how can I

buy sad thing is where's the interest

but with out informing me cheques in post ,

seriously want to scream they have made me so ill I need help please people x

Start with a SAR to BG, you couldnt possibly know where to start checking any calculations are correct without having all the information from previous bills.

It will also give you any other information they hold about you.

If you havent already sign up for both:

http://Www.clearscore.com

http://Www.noddle.co.uk

Both are free and can check whether BG have placed any markers on your credit file which may cause you problems in the future.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Thank you for your reply , do I need to write to them for SAR ? Or can I ask the executive office who are dealing with it to forward this on to me ? She's going to contact me tomorrow regarding compensation which for all they have put me through I don't think they will agree to but it would end the stress and anxiety they have caused me . x

You will need to write for the SAR and send the statutory fee of £10. Please follow the link – SAR to read more about it and to see a template which you should modify to suit your needs