Finance co

surrey_36
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2624 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

We recently got a car on finance, we are passed the 14 days of being able to cancel and there is a list as long as my arm of faults.

Including 2 occaisons not being able to drive it all.

I'm so worried about having to pay for this car on finance with it constantly going wrong I just want to give it back! My old banger cost me nothing and rarely went wrong!

Is there anything I can do, not fit for the purpose etc?

30 days under the new CRA surrey

when did you sign the agreement.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Assert your STRR in writing with the dealer. It must be done within 30 days of the purchase date. They are obliged to refund or replace at your option

Signed 5th Jan. :(

I guess that means nothing I can do. Brand new car with over 10 things wrong including the driver seat belt pings off when your driving randomly!

I was going through the Dartford tunnel yesterday AND trying to drive on M25 through hurricane doris and three times PING! It just undoes it self. Trying to control a car in tight tunnel with a juggernaught about 5 innces from your left and hurricane doris and put your belt back on was tricky to say the least.

I'm guessing if I just give car back and not make payments will result in a default or similar?

Thanks for advice everyone

Signed 5th Jan. :(

I guess that means nothing I can do. Brand new car with over 10 things wrong including the driver seat belt pings off when your driving randomly!

I was going through the Dartford tunnel yesterday AND trying to drive on M25 through hurricane doris and three times PING! It just undoes it self. Trying to control a car in tight tunnel with a juggernaught about 5 innces from your left and hurricane doris and put your belt back on was tricky to say the least.

I'm guessing if I just give car back and not make payments will result in a default or similar?

Thanks for advice everyone

I don't at all think that there is nothing that you can do. I think there is lots you can do because even though you missed the 30 day deadline, you still have the six-month deadline which gives you a limited right to reject. This means that you have to provide the dealer with an opportunity to repair the vehicle. If the dealer prefers not to – or if the repair fails then the dealer must refund or replace. This is provided under the Consumer Rights Act 2015. Once again, within the first six months there is a presumption that the defects existed at the time of sale.

If I were you I would list out all the faults, right to the dealer with the list and point out that under the Consumer Rights Act you are now asserting your right to have the faults repaired failing which you will be asking for a full refund of all your view money – including any interest et cetera and charges accruing to the loan.

Finally, I'm gonna have to say this: – you been here since 2011, so quite a long-standing member – and yet you didn't come to us when these faults first started to materialise and didn't seek our advice and you appear to have given up all hope about this even though it is a new car which you have only had a few weeks.

Maybe you can tell me, when did the first faults materialise? How soon after 5 January?

If it is a brand new car then some things will be covered under the manufacturers warranty, especially the seatbelt issue.

It is all covered by statute under the Consumer Rights Act 2015

Hi Crappoman,

the car is 2012 model so is not brand new,

it was delivered on 5th Jan 2017,

and comes with a 12 month warranty.

Signed the finance contract 5th Jan.

It was delivered with 2 faults already.

1. A flat tyre (slow puncture) front and back and

2. a constantly beeping parking sensor.

The delivery driver just said to take it to a Hyundai garage to get it put right (was a bit miffed it was delivered with faults)

Unfortunately not had time to do that as would be without a car for a full day and have work and kids/school runs etc.

They could not even guarantee that I would get the car back same day.

Slowly other things have started to go wrong and yes they say they are happy to fix but I'm unhappy they delivered it WITH faults and now I am concered the number of faults with the car including an engine warning light flashing up intermittently, they are happy to sort it but this has been a bad experience from the beginning.

Brand-new or not, the advice I've given above still stands.

I think eventually the question will be: what are you prepared to do about it? It has been sliding out of your hands and out of your control so far.