Vodafone contacting customers at 0340 ** Resolved **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2682 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

What are Vodafone up texting customers at 0340 in the morning? I have had the most unfortunate displeasure of dealing with these idiots for 2 months now.

Yes I mean they text me in the middle of the night for heavens sake expecting me to call, so I did and got exactly nowhere.

Calling me at ungodly hours demanding money, £20 that's all, suspending my service and taking far too much in a direct debit without giving me the correct notice.

The bill was for just £34.50p they took £69.66p, this was for an old number that had been disconnected as my contract was up.

Notice given correctly no further calls made or received. Unfortunately for me I still have 18 months to go until my last number terminates, once it does its off I go to a new provider and or giving up on mobile phones altogether!

To date since the 28/12/16 I have made over 6 hours of calls (17 in total to the customer service line (191) to no avail.

Vodafone agreed to compensation of £34 (already credited) plus £20 gwg for the time I've spent dealing with the issues.

Questions...

1. Do I have any redress for being contacted at 0340.

2. Can I complain to the relevant authorities?

3. Can I put any pressure on Vodafone to stop processing my data at all? I am thinking s10 article 6 dpa see here.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/damage-or-distress/.

'Example

The same customer cancels his mobile phone contract and withdraws his consent to the company processing his personal data. As a result he argues that the mobile phone company must comply with his objection. Although the right to object does now apply (because the mobile phone company cannot rely on any of the conditions for processing), the company only has to comply with the objection (ie to stop processing the customer’s personal data) if the processing is causing unwarranted and substantial damage or distress. The company must, however, respond to the customer within 21 days, explaining whether and to what extent it will comply with the objection'.

Your thoughts please...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

OK it's now been 6 hours of dread waiting for Vodafone to confirm what I was arguing about for the £20 payment.

I have the following update.

1. They have confirmed they agreed to the payment.

2. It was NOT applied correctly.

3. They were wrong in texting me at 0339.

As a final resolution for 19 calls lasting 10 hours and 42 minutes they have agreed to drop the remaining contract of 18 months by 25%. Effective immediately. So in total I got £35. + £35. +£20. +£144. All because of an initial over claim for £34.50 on a direct debit.

Total in my favour is £234. In my case I wouldn't let go and fought hard and long on principal. It goes to prove that you can take on the big guns and resolve uneeded problems!

I had good cause to complain and I did use the above statement to good effect.

Can admin mark this thread as resolved please? Many thanks to those that have read this post....

Don't be afraid to stand your ground it pays to fight your corner!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Can admin mark this thread as resolved please?

Done.

I would also be spitting bricks if someone had rung at 03:40, not that I've been called at that time of night. However, I have had a text message via BT's text-to-voice service soon after 06:00 on my land line. Fortunately, that "service" can be opted out of.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.