• Tweets

• As I recall the only thing you tried telling us was based on a quote that you selectively edited by Lord James of Blackheath. You misrepresented it as a statement of fact when it was actually a question which was laughed at by his peers in the House of Lords.  We told you it was garbage, you asked us to prove it and we did.   Remember?
    • you need to realise that for every person that does come to CAG and register and tell their story...there are poss 10'000 that don't but search the interweb whereby threads that are here pop up relating to like issues they are searching upon.   Most CAG siteteam and many other registered Caggers give advice that bears this in mind and post information which not only informs the starter of a thread upon what to do, but also takes into consideration the readers from the interweb that also read the relevant advice given that might not be brave enough to register and fess up.   to that end, there is very little alternative than to appear to give 'grief' [you deserve it - tough] to a cagger should certain previous advice not have been followed.....yours is a very classic case of such. hey I've found a backdoor CCJ.   to put it bluntly, had you have followed such previous advice, you most certainly would not be in the situation you are in here now.. .so by example, not giving you grief, for future readers...………..   ...never ever move without informing a debt owner of a move of address on any consumer debt that you last used or paid within the last say 7yrs. your credit file is a major key to ascertaining that information.... .but don't just read this advice come to the consumeractiongroup.co.uk website and let us help.   lecture over... what can you do..or more importantly....what can a claimant do now they have a default forthwith judgement against you. well we can't guess.... they might simply ignore it as 1000's of people with CCJ's find out..but it becomes an issue should you wish to say get a mortgage, remortgage or further credit.   i'm not going to enter into any of that here...that's for the reader to start a thread here and seek advice on their individual situation specific to them as you have done....   so...  bearing the all of the above in mind...over to you with regard to this backdoor CCJ.   as for the other debts that you didn't action before...go read your old thread and action what appropriate advice is given there for each type of debt that has been given should you wish to avoid any further backdoor CCJ's.   dx                    
    • hello my very good helpful friend. I am afraid to say that i did not. As i did not realise the relevance of it.   Should i be doing this right now of anyone on my credit file ?   Plz don't give me grief if u have already advised me...   do i do the ccs request now to everybody in that thread ?    
    • aha busted and stupid ...no wonder you've got mixed information here. never trust anything they say ..they have a very bad reputation for stating the truth.   now can you go get your credit file please..   there are cases whereby a council on historic CTAX debts do go for a county court CCJ, but a liability order from a magistrates court has far more clout legally than a county court CCJ and i've never heard of a court sending a bailiff out for 'multiple' CCJ collection.   me thinks he is pulling the wool here a bit and has looked at your credit file and seen CCJ's too so thought he'd chance his arm and use those as further leverage.   don't worry about the sat visit simply ignore do not answer the door if he appears. your task is too gather data at present.   credit file please..        
  • Our picks

Sign in to follow this  
mikeymack2002

Vodafone contacting customers at 0340 ** Resolved **

style="text-align:center;"> Please note that this topic has not had any new posts for the last 1074 days.

If you are trying to post a different story then you should start your own new thread. Posting on this thread is likely to mean that you won't get the help and advice that you need.

If you are trying to post information which is relevant to the story in this thread then please flag it up to the site team and they will allow you to post.

Thank you

What are Vodafone up texting customers at 0340 in the morning? I have had the most unfortunate displeasure of dealing with these idiots for 2 months now.

Yes I mean they text me in the middle of the night for heavens sake expecting me to call, so I did and got exactly nowhere.

Calling me at ungodly hours demanding money, £20 that's all, suspending my service and taking far too much in a direct debit without giving me the correct notice.

The bill was for just £34.50p they took £69.66p, this was for an old number that had been disconnected as my contract was up.

Notice given correctly no further calls made or received. Unfortunately for me I still have 18 months to go until my last number terminates, once it does its off I go to a new provider and or giving up on mobile phones altogether!

To date since the 28/12/16 I have made over 6 hours of calls (17 in total to the customer service line (191) to no avail.

Vodafone agreed to compensation of £34 (already credited) plus £20 gwg for the time I've spent dealing with the issues.

Questions...

1. Do I have any redress for being contacted at 0340.

2. Can I complain to the relevant authorities?

3. Can I put any pressure on Vodafone to stop processing my data at all? I am thinking s10 article 6 dpa see here.

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/damage-or-distress/.

'Example

The same customer cancels his mobile phone contract and withdraws his consent to the company processing his personal data. As a result he argues that the mobile phone company must comply with his objection. Although the right to object does now apply (because the mobile phone company cannot rely on any of the conditions for processing), the company only has to comply with the objection (ie to stop processing the customer’s personal data) if the processing is causing unwarranted and substantial damage or distress. The company must, however, respond to the customer within 21 days, explaining whether and to what extent it will comply with the objection'.

Your thoughts please...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

OK it's now been 6 hours of dread waiting for Vodafone to confirm what I was arguing about for the £20 payment.

I have the following update.

1. They have confirmed they agreed to the payment.

2. It was NOT applied correctly.

3. They were wrong in texting me at 0339.

As a final resolution for 19 calls lasting 10 hours and 42 minutes they have agreed to drop the remaining contract of 18 months by 25%. Effective immediately. So in total I got £35. + £35. +£20. +£144. All because of an initial over claim for £34.50 on a direct debit.

Total in my favour is £234. In my case I wouldn't let go and fought hard and long on principal. It goes to prove that you can take on the big guns and resolve uneeded problems!

I had good cause to complain and I did use the above statement to good effect.

Can admin mark this thread as resolved please? Many thanks to those that have read this post....

Don't be afraid to stand your ground it pays to fight your corner!

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Can admin mark this thread as resolved please?

Done.

I would also be spitting bricks if someone had rung at 03:40, not that I've been called at that time of night. However, I have had a text message via BT's text-to-voice service soon after 06:00 on my land line. Fortunately, that "service" can be opted out of.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Sign in to follow this