Xercise4less membership harlands & crs

shamk125
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2668 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i had joined the gym at around 2014

i entered a 12 month contract with them which was done but i kept my membership and kept going until around late this year,

i had received a couple of letters from harlands and i recently received a letter from crs,

i had realised that i had a missed payment as i had insufficient funds in my bank account but i had paid any late payments to harlands over the phone.

I went on holiday around november got back and i had a letter from crs saying i had to pay £171

i decided to phone them up ask what the payments were for and it was mostly admin fees which i got deducted

i paid any missed payments of £10 for the months membership but they tried to charge me £66 for debt recovery charge which i refused to pay,

i have also cancelled my membership around the start of december and then few days ago rang my bank and told them to cancel the direct debit for harlands.

i also recently received a message from crs saying the need to speak to me urgently

edit: the months were 2 months around august and September but when i received a letter from the first time harlands i had paid them £10 for each of the month but then they sent even more letters saying that i owe even more now so i just ignored them

Hi Shamk and welcome to CAG

Do not talk to Harlands/CRS any more for ANY reason. Speaking to them will do you no good at all. Just stay off the phone and ignore their demands and any contact until we've decided your best course of action.

..........but i had paid any late payments to harlands over the phone.

What did you pay to Harlands and did you pay 2 missed month's fee or some admin fees on top ?

Some more info please :-

1. When did you first tell the gym you wanted to cancel the m/ship.

2. How did you tell the gym - ie in person, by letter or email, by phone, etc.

Please see other threads to see how others are dealing with Harlands, mainly by ignoring them after making any necessary contact.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

I pretty much filled out a cancellation form online at around the end of November and i cancelled direct debit 18th of December.

What i paid to harlands was the £10's for any months late/missed payment due to insufficient funds

they were asking for stupid amount for admin fee and i just kind of blanked the other payments for admin fee as i had already paid when i signed up at the gym.

I had a talk with them on the phone and the got rid of admin fee payments and were asking for the debt recovery charge which i refused to pay

Hi Shamk,

Did you pay a further gym fee after filling in the on-line cancellation form at the end of November. You probably should have done so.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

umm im not too sure to be honest i did ask them what payments do I have, I spoke to them on the 16th and paid them £10 as they said this was the only payment for the months payment that needed to be paid

Hi Shamk,

Speaking to Harlands or the gym will never be to your advantage. Harlands may come back to harass you for the next payment that was due under the cancelled DD mandate.

If they do, let us know but do NOT respond to any demand until we've commented.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Shamk,

Speaking to Harlands or the gym will never be to your advantage. Harlands may come back to harass you for the next payment that was due under the cancelled DD mandate.

If they do, let us know but do NOT respond to any demand until we've commented.

i just got another letter from crs saying that my account balance is back on £161.47, i feel like phoning them up and lashing out and giving them abuse but that wont solve anything. this letter pretty much says their fee has not been paid and they will commence legal action if i do not pay them. They claim i am in breach of a legally binding contract. I am not sure what to do any help guys

i could phone them up tell them to stop harrasing me cause no matter how much i pay them they keep increasing the amount i have to pay even when i finished my membership with xercise 4less

Hi Shamk,

No change from previous advice.

Do NOT try to contact Harlands/CRS at all. You'll get nowhere by letting rip at CRS.

Ignore their begging letter and don't try to communicate with Harlands/CRS, The Zinc Group, or Spratt Endicott.