Reply from FO

Guest Battleaxe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest Battleaxe

Dear Ms Battleaxe

Thank you for your email.

Our website provides our complaint form, which needs to be printed off, completed and then despatched to us by post.

However, please note that if you have already launched legal action via the courts, our service could not become involved. This is because a court of law would be classed as a higher body than ourselves.

We cannot investigate a complaint until the firm has had an opportunity to put things right. The procedure is explained fully on our website http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/

Unless you have already done so, you should therefore complain to the firm and inform it of your contact with this office. You can do this in two ways.

(a) You can contact the firm yourself, when you should ask that your complaint be put through the firm’s internal complaints procedure and resolved or a final decision letter issued. The firm is expected to complete this procedure within 8 weeks of the date the complaint was first lodged.

(b) We can send details of your complaint to the firm, on your behalf, if you submit a complaint form to us. (Alternatively, you can provide us with the necessary details by speaking to a member of our staff, on the telephone number shown below).

If you want information (or the form) by post, you will need to confirm your postal address.

I should add that we need a form endorsed with your original signature when a final decision letter is submitted to this office, or if you wish to report that the firm’s time limit has been exceeded.

We cannot comment on the merits of your complaint at this stage, we are not an advisory body.

Please quote the following reference at all times: 6697331

Please note our postal address and enquiries telephone number:

The Financial Ombudsman Service

South Quay Plaza

183 Marsh Wall

London

E14 9SR

Tel 0845 080 1800

Yours Sincerely

Nick Nash

Consumer Consultant

Sent: 11 November 2006 16:27

To: External Enquiries

Subject: Unlawful Bank Charges

Importance: High

I am emailing you regarding why I am not using the services of your office.

I am claiming back all my charges via the Small Claims Court because I feel your office does not impose severe enough penalties on all the Financial Institutions which use these unlawful charges and cause ongoing distress to people like me. They drag everything out and apply stalling tactics by retuning the £10.00 charge for an SAR requesting full disclosure of information implying that they don't have to do this and they will give us what they deem relevant. This has happened again with MBNA. the other tactic is to continuing phoning all hours, several times a day, trying to get you pay whatever they say is owing, another ploy of MBNA. I ended up reporting this harassment to the police.

Our credit rating is ruined by the improper recording of information and sending this information through to the CRA's. This means we have to fight to get this incorrect information removed; again these institutions and the CRA's take no Notice of the Human Rights Act and Data Control Act. the CRA's hide behind the fact that they believe the data given to them by the creditors is owned by the creditors. I did not sign my rights away and never thought my information would be shared unlawfully with third parties and sent off shore to DCA's for collection. I feel you office will not protected any of my rights.

Every complaint I have registered with the creditors who have driven me near desperation, all have enclosed the leaflet referring me to your office and it appears a smug 'you can appeal to the Financial Ombudsman, if you do not agree with our decision'/ Your lack of action and applying stronger penalties, has helped many of us to understand our rights as consumers far more effectively than these Institutions every thought possible.

It is taking people power to enforce these Institutions to give us back what is rightfully ours, where your office with all the power at it's disposal either does not have the will to impose penalties and award compensation or appears to favour these Institutions and the Financial institutions realise this.

I have complaints against Alliance and Leicester. MBNA, Clydesdale Finance and Capital One; all cocking a snoot at your office.

Battleaxe

:p Cant wait to see what Smug reply they send you on that one..lol:D

Nice email that too...good for you Battleaxe...

Ian

Lloyds TSB -PPI - Full refund . 05/09/06 :D:p (As Seen on TV) :p

Halifax settled in Full.. :D 22/09/06

TSB First Claim SETTLED IN FULL 19/10/06 :D

Second Claim to Lloyds TSB - Settled in Full

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

If my post has helped you, please click the scales! :grin:

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

Now this is potentially a catch-22 situation.

How can they then deal with a complaint about a bank abusing the court process?

The same way that they deal with any other complaint, I guess, Alan !!

A bucket of sand & a snorkel.

Well done, though, BA.

:rolleyes: FOS - should be renamed WOS (Waste of Space)..:)

Submitted my complaint to the regarding Mis-sold Payment Protection Insurance...Mind you they did reply quicky..

The company I have a complaint against only became regulated by the FOS in November 2004..since my complaint was about a sale in 2003, they cannot help...well thanks for nothing..lol :evil: :evil:

Hopefully the FSA and The FISA might give me a better response..

Ian

Firstplus - early settlement interest charges - Challenged the use of the rule of 78 - SETTLED IN FULL 12/1/07

PPI - GE Money / Purpleloans / Firstplus - Now Settled after 1 year long hard fight.

Anything said is my opinion and how I understand the law, always consult professional legal advice before taking something to court.

They are about as useful as tits on a bull

I was about to say "I ain't ever seen a bull with tits"....but then thought better of it!!!!!:)

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

They are about as useful as tits on a bull

.....but I do admire your email a lot!!!

Jimbo 44 - always happy to help, but always willing to learn from being corrected too!!! Whilst any advice given may be based upon personal experience, please always be sure you seek guidance from a professional in the particular field.

Never be afraid to try something new. Remember that a lone amateur built the Ark, but a large group of professionals built the Titanic.

A 'click' on the scales is always appreciated if I have helped. Many Thanks!

Guest Battleaxe

The more i think about the FO, I am wondering what tey can actually do. has anyone had a good outcome from an adjudication?

The more i think about the FO, I am wondering what tey can actually do. has anyone had a good outcome from an adjudication?

The only use I got out of an earlier skirmish was that they forced the bank to rummage through old records, going right back to getting a copy of my original application for a current account in 1983. So they might help get some data that the SAR doesn't elicit.

But that's about all I reckon.

Otherwise, all I got was SFA, so they're NFU, so FO is about it, really.

Well at least I am Hoping that the FSA and indeed the FISA come up with some better answers.

Nice bit of Shorthand there Bill ..lol all of course very true..

Ian