Advice re neighbours noise at night time

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2886 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Had a call from HA today responding to my letter of complaint....having spoken to my neighbour about her behaviour they have now seen that she refuses to comply ....saying she will get up at 1am and do her housework if she wants and she hung up on them.its now seen as a management issue, there is a possibility that I may get offered a move at some point in time. Meanwhile ear plugs are my only respite.

The HA are really just another landlord in many ways, with some better than others.

Have you officially reported the problem to the police and the local Environmental Health, particularly with the HA's repsonse?

I had to before it was sorted, and a neighbor is going through something similar now with a rented property 3 doors away, both ours are owned.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

• 3 weeks later...

How are you getting on Patricia?

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Or maybe you'd better just give her a thick carpet?)

A good suggestion if that would address the issue.

Done in the right way might build a friendship, would certainly be cheaper than moving (and no assurance that the new place wouldn't be worse)

I had a word with the local safer neighborhood team about the noise issue here, even though I wasn't greatly affected (I could hear it though - so a minor niggle).

Not heard anything today. Just amazed that the closer people apparently didn't do anything except whinge about it.

The safer neighborhood team perhaps dont seem appropriate in Patricias case though. The guy here is asbo material.

The Tory Legacy

How are you getting on Patricia?

Things are still very much ongoing with night time issues. This is a retirement complex where all of the tenants bar my upstairs neighbour and me live in peace. Four months of disturbed sleep has resulted in me being severely depressed and almost to the point of life not worth living anymore, I have an appointment with the head of housing this friday. Thanks for your concern

As a pensioner I can I'll afford to buy her a carpet

Perhaps offer it as a first pass at a solution to the head of housing as a cheap and possibly simple solution at little cost and effort to them?

Else even if they move you, the next person living there would probably get the same issues, and it might well be quickly back on their doormat..

regards

TJ

The Tory Legacy

Perhaps offer it as a first pass at a solution to the head of housing as a cheap and possibly simple solution at little cost and effort to them?

Else even if they move you, the next person living there would probably get the same issues, and it might well be quickly back on their doormat..

regards

TJ

I think housing realise that she should be in a ground floor or bungalow. I'm hoping to get a move nearer to town and they could then give her my ground floor apartment

Ah - sounds like a good plan - I like it.

:-)

regards

TJ

The Tory Legacy