Cancelling membership Harlands/Gymetc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2906 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've recently decided to move gyms, I'm roughly a year out of my contract with Gymetc (I think they're otherwise known as FX Leisure). So I was on a monthly rolling contract.

I've canceled my direct debit with the gym, emailed them informing them of doing so.

Got a reply back saying I owed 1 month notice, due today.

I'm fine with that - however I'm unable to get in touch with Harlands to make the payment,

I've tried calling the past three days being on hold for 15-20 minutes every time.

I've even requested a callback on their website, albeit for a different reason than it was intended for to no avail.

Anyone got any ideas?

I've now emailed the gym back informing them,

but I suspect they won't be much help.

Gym cancellations are bloody awful.

Just pay the gym direct, or use your online banking details to pay.

Expect a ton of deforestation to be spat out by their computers and land on your doorstep, good hamster bedding!

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Hi Cryptowi and welcome to CAG

I've sent you a PM. Please reply to it asap.

Don't waste another second of your time calling Harlands. They'll probably tell you to pay a cancellation fee or other nonsense !! Keep any contact with Harlands in writing only.

Have you tried to make the final payment in the gym ?

Or you could send Harlands a cheque by post confirming the gym it relates to.

If you have the gym agreement and copy of the DD mandate, Harlands bank details should be on that so you make a direct transfer to them. However, you would need to include a reference to identify you as the payer.

:-)

Edited by slick132

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi guys,

Thanks for the quick replies, what I do have on the original email is a "Service User Number" and "Service User Name" + a reference number (presumably for my account) although no sort code and account number. I wouldn't pay a leaving fee, it was never mentioned to me, I believe it should really be made clear at the time of sign up, which it was not. The gym themselves have said I simply owe them £25 (1 month of membership) for the 1 month's notice, which was due today. I agree though, I suspect that I'd be lodged with "leaving fees".

The direct debit mandate email does say:

"You can cancel a Direct Debit at any time by simply contacting your Bank or Building Society. Written confirmation may be required. Please also notify us."

I'm happy to make payment with my reference number into their account, if at all possible.

Edit: I've replied to your PM Slick, thanks for that.

Hi Cryptowi,

I agree there should NOT be any Cancellation or Leaving Fee. I was just saying that Harlands would do almost anything to extract money from gym members, particularly piling on their admin fees.

Try paying the final fee at the gym if possible. That's the best option.

If not, make an online pay't to Harlands using the account details and your reference number.

Or you could send Harlands a cheque at their Haywards Heath address (Yes, I know a cheque is a bit old fashioned !).

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)