DFS sofa - 4 repairs in 2 yrs!! - not on?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2884 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Another DFS unhappy customer ......

... We are waiting for DFS to repair our Oskar 3seater for the 4th time in 2 yrs 3 months

We purchased our "Oskar" sofas from DFS just over 2 years ago, delivered in November 2014 .

...within 1 month of our sofa being used it started clicking on the right side when it was sat on....

.. DFS Repair man came out confirmed it had a problem

arranged to get it removed and fixed at their warehouse..

...Came back days later all was fixed :) ...

About 18+ months later we called DFS again about the centre cushion sagging.....

... Repair man came out and stuffed a blue piece of foam under the centre strap which looked rough but done the job..

..... A week later when my hubby sat on the right side of the sofa (same side it was repaired!

'the back leg Literally flew off.... Leaving a mark on our solid oak flooring.

...we then noticed the first repair DFS had done

"they repaired the first problem (clicking noise) by spraying loads of FEB-FOAM at the inside leg

to stop the clicking noise then they screwed a couple of 3inch screws into the plywood corners the leg was connected too..

...... We were not happy when we saw the first repair and took photos of how poorly it had been fixed/ repaired/ made..

..after seeing what they had done we were in shock,

we contacted DFS again

They came and looked and again arranged collection a week or 2 later..

.. We were left for more then a week with our 3 legged unusable Oskar sofa in the middle of our front room

waiting for them to come and collect it for the 2nd time..

..at this point I felt this sofa was jinxed from the first month and just wanted them to take it away

and replace it for another one that doesn't have any problems from the start

'But they would only repair it again ....

. it was repaired my husband asked to view the repair before they tacked the bottom back up

so we could see what they had done to fix the problem "

they had replaced the back and the front legs where standard plywood was used

and replaced the standard plywood with hard wood....

But they hadn't replaced the other 2 legs on the other good side of the sofa with hardwood

they left it as Nader with the original standard plywood corners..

... My husband said he wasn't happy that the good side wasn't also changed from plywood corners to hardwood.

..and asked to have them replaced also with the hardwood rather then the plywood they are made with....

...we bought that sofa with the belief it was built on hard strong cherry wood

and when we saw the plywood we didn't expect that with a £2300 sofa..

..they said its ready for delivery again and that all 4 standard built plywood-corners

are now replaced with hardwood and they had also re-plumped the centre sofa cushions again this time properly ....

...which was appreciated .......

. Our sofa was delivered back to us for the 3rd time..

..and this month (april2016) on the same right side arm on our 3seater Chesterfield Oskar sofa has gone..........

I have read on another review on here that

..their sofa arms went and that their upholsterer" advised they are all faulty

and the largest sofa should of been built with a foot in the middle as its too long to support itself.

This really is past a joke....

We do not want this repaired for the 4th time in just over 2years

I feel this s jinxed and us bringing us nothing but arguments in our home...

.we want either a replacement or our money back.

.... We spent £3500 on matching sofa, chair and pouffe it should not need repairing 4 times in two years surely!...

....please can someone advise us..

Please help me

Before you take things further, you could send their CEO a letter explaining everything and look for their help, as you wish to avoid litigation. See how they reply.

If you have tried this without success, Think you may have to get an independent furniture expert report to inform you and take it from there. If you visit the Furniture Ombudsman site, there are details of the inspection reports available. I don't think you are going to get anywhere without such a report, whether you went down the ombudsman route ( if DFS are signed up to one ) or the litigation route with a court claim if necessary.

You mention that the material used in its manufacture are not as it was sold to you, but that repairs have been carried out. Do the materials now match those sold i.e matches sales description ? Is the suite now fit for purpose and contains no defects, after the repairs have been carried out ? If this ended up in court, without an independent expert report on the suites construction, could you make your case to a Judge ? I ask this last question, as people either don't want to pay for an independent expert report or think they can do without one. From the cases i have heard about, people have won in court, because they have a report that backs their case.

You might not be entitled to the full value of the suite. You might only be awarded a sum related to the suite part that has a fault and also takes into account any usage that you have had.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Before you take things further, you could send their CEO a letter explaining everything and look for their help, as you wish to avoid litigation. See how they reply.

If you have tried this without success, Think you may have to get an independent furniture expert report to inform you and take it from there. If you visit the Furniture Ombudsman site, there are details of the inspection reports available. I don't think you are going to get anywhere without such a report, whether you went down the ombudsman route ( if DFS are signed up to one ) or the litigation route with a court claim if necessary.

You mention that the material used in its manufacture are not as it was sold to you, but that repairs have been carried out. Do the materials now match those sold i.e matches sales description ? Is the suite now fit for purpose and contains no defects, after the repairs have been carried out ? If this ended up in court, without an independent expert report on the suites construction, could you make your case to a Judge ? I ask this last question, as people either don't want to pay for an independent expert report or think they can do without one. From the cases i have heard about, people have won in court, because they have a report that backs their case.

You might not be entitled to the full value of the suite. You might only be awarded a sum related to the suite part that has a fault and also takes into account any usage that you have had.

I have just sent the ceo a copy if this and asked him to contact my husband by phone, thank you for your advise we are not going to leave this until this gets sorted.... Dfs came yesterday stripped the arm side down and we took pictures of the arm cracked through the wood, we are again waiting for them to collect our sofa to repair it "this is the 4th problem since buying it in Nov 2014" I just feel so low and now hate to even think about more dealings with the company as all they do s say their short staffed due to staff with broken collar bone sickness or holidays and extremely booked up....... That doesn't help me get this resolved....I feel palmed off and passed from manager to manager and they just keep passing our problem to each other.... Poor customers after care with the Norwich Norfolk branch....

Edited by Goldenboy66

• 1 month later...

Is there an update for this issue please ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• 3 weeks later...