Natwest declining payments online

ginger'smum
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3042 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Last Sunday night I paid online my mail order shopping bill. When I then tried to pay my BT phone bill my payment was declined by the bank. This morning I called into my branch to try and sort this mess out and they wanted me to ring the bank's fraud number. When I asked for help off the bank staff with this phone call I was told that they're not allowed. Although I'm not deaf I do suffer hearing problems and I walked out. How do I sort this so called 'fraud' out without using a telephone? I haven't had any letters regarding this matter. All this fuss is because I tried paying my phone bill late at night!

Sheila

It may help you if you set up bill payments in branch. Some banks do this for you.

They then add a little bit of security in as much they ask you to use the banks own ATM to make the first payment.

The reasons behind this is actually to prevent fraud. My bank do this. It works until if using a mobile app and your provider updates the software. You then simply go to the bank machine make a payment and all is well once more.

Seeing a personal banker at branch level is also a good way to sort. Inform them you have hearing issues and this should be noted on your account, then when you use the special service you will be allowed to. This is a win win situation for you. In my case I have asked for them to keep an eye on strange high value purchases if made I get a call to confirm if it's me, if not the purchase is declined. That's good news all around....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.