Dodgy dealings at work - wages being manipulated - stolen

Guest purplemushroomfairy2
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3047 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Guest purplemushroomfairy2

Hello all,

My husband recently started a new job in his 'friends'' company - he was to be doing sales.

They verbally agreed a salary of £50K with commission/share holding as the company grew - he did think about it for a few weeks before leaving his job and starting this one.

Now, the first three weeks he worked there he worked 105 hours , but his pay was £1685 - not as we were expecting, he didn't receive a pay slip . We complained - turns out that that month the 'cut off' for wages was 20/11 - he started on the 5/11

We had hoped that we would be paid on the 25/11, then told it was the 30th/11 - but this still wasn't enough money.

We were given a random amount of money -£1408. This helped with Christmas.

During this time dh discussed again the agreed salary and was told that he would now be on an hourly wage of £16 per hour - well when your average week is 67 hours that shouldn't be too bad should it?

Anyway, come the 20/12/15 he submits his time sheets again - 256 hours at £16 per hour, minus an hour for lunch (?!) £4132 -

In his payslip they have taken back in full the £1408. taxed him at £1000, added 10 hours and his Christmas half pay holiday that he hadn't even taken - this still doesn't add up and quite a lot is missing- take home £1705.

Turns out that he wasn't taxed for the first two payments and the first moth they only paid him £12 per hour - the difference between the 12 and 16 is £703 .

I don't think they should have taken the entire 1408 back, just the tax and NI on the amount . We have received a payment of an additional £400 supposedly for the difference between the £12 and £16.

So, he queried again, turns out they work on a 28 day basis - where it takes up to two weeks to pay the worker, this means the cut off dates change every four weeks BUT they only make 12 payments a year (??)

We are confused, they have messed up his pay, paid him for varying days at varying amounts, are making 12 not 13 payments a year, are paying holidays at half pay - not average full pay AND you don't get anything extra for working bank holidays including Christmas - which is just a nice thing to do.

I have spent days doing spread sheets, tax calculations, adding up etc etc it sort of works but then it doesn't.

How can you pay someone £380 for a holiday they haven't taken in the previous month? We will be down that money in January.#

I don't know whether to speak to an accountant, a solicitor or the fraud office tbh

Ut's driving me mad!!

If any of you cn make sense of this please do. I can post spread sheets if you want as they don't show anything personal only numbers and random musings.

The only contract was verbal and my husbands notes taken during the initial discussions - working this many hours makes it hard to apply for other jobs.

Thanks for anything you can tease out of this tangled web of financial dodginess.

They have to provide your husband with a written statement confirming terms of employment within 2 months of starting employment.

Did the £4,132 include his hours for November? Was the £1408 paid on top of the £2685?

You may receive different advice to your query as people have different experiences and opinions. Please use your own judgement in deciding whose advice to take.

If in doubt seek advice from a qualified insured professional. Any advice I have offered you is done so on an informal basis, without prejudice or liability.

If you think I have been helpful PLEASE click the scales

court bundles for dummies

sounds like thye are using proprietary accounting software and no-one knows how to use it properly. income has to be reported to HMRC on a real time basis so that will add to the problems. Really hubby need to sit down with someone who has the authority to deal with this and put the hours worked into the computer and see what it comes up with and if it is still wrong do his own calculations and pass them on to be manually calculated and corrected regarding NI, travel allowances etc.