Is there any benefit to a joint ESA/PIP claim

mr_mastiff
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3068 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was one of the first people to go through the ESA nightmare. Failed then appealed, placed in WRAG, appealed again finally placed in support group. On DLA awaiting PIP assessment.

My wife as two types of Arthritis which over the last two years as forced her to give up nearly all her work. We manage at present but I believe that shortly my wife will need more help than I can give her due to my own physical limitations.

Both my wife and I found my experience of the ESA/DLA very stressful. I ended up in hospital with severe mental health problems and my wife is very reluctant to but herself through this herself.

As anyone on CAG made a Joint Claims and if they have what are the pitfalls or benefits of doing so?

You cannot make a joint claim to PIP/DLA. If your wife has care or mobility needs, she should make her own application. Any benefit awarded will be entirely separate from your award, indeed your award is irrelevant to her claim.

Regarding ESA, is your claim income based or contributions based, and does your wife have enough NI contributions to make her own contibutions based claim?

RMW

"If you want my parking space, please take my disability" Common car park sign in France.

Thankyou for your reply.

My last letter stated I was income based ESA. No my wife could not make a contribution based claim.

I am sorry but I do not think I worded my question very well. But I think you have answered it anyway! If my wife applied for PIP as I understand it she would receive her own PIP which would not be effected by the money I received.