DhandI vs halifax

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6289 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I'm so cross, spent all week in tears. I can't beleive they can rob us of our money like this.

August we go overdrawn a little bit, had no idea at the time as card (although we don't use it much) worked and bills paid.

Sat here now £400 over the overdraft, having spent not one penny of my husbands wages this month. They took everything and now all they are interested in is us paying it all back, abusing credit apparently. Which we haven't, they abused us. We are only in trouble because of all the fines which they imposed on us, they are treating me like I deliberatley spent money I didn't owe. I had no idea the card carries on working when you have nothing. By the time letters came to tell us it was too late. They'd fined us too much to escape.

I'm so cross, it wasn't like we'd gone out and bought a tv or a holiday. We'd just bought a couple quid too much petrol.

So i'm writing my letter now. Just so angry I don't know what to do with myself.

• 2 weeks later...

Well data protection request and cheque (despite being sent internally and I have reciept) been lost by halifax. I have however been given a direct name to contact regarding this - Ken Patton, I notice he is already known to the group. Customer relations lady very nice considering she knew what we were doing.

Well data protection request and cheque (despite being sent internally and I have reciept) been lost by halifax. I have however been given a direct name to contact regarding this - Ken Patton, I notice he is already known to the group. Customer relations lady very nice considering she knew what we were doing.

If you have a receipt for sending the letter, you need to write to Halifax (use address on site, not branch) and advise them that the 40day deadline started on the receipt date that you have, let them know how many days they have left to comply, and advise them that if they fail to comply, you will contact the Information Commisioner and make a formal complaint (Template Letter) and also advise that you will consider Court Action if they fail to comply.

You need to make them aware that they are working to YOUR timescales and not their own.

Halifax are not the worst when it comes to compliance, and I`m sure that if you take the action I reccommend, your statements etc will arrive on time.

Best of Luck, if you need any further advise, please let me know.

VIEWS EXPRESSED ARE MY OWN - IF THEY HELP - PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Halifax - S.A.R - June 06

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- Settled IN FULL :eek:

- 2nd Claim Started - 12 Dec 2006

- SETTLED IN FULL:eek:

- 3rd Claim Started (Phone Call) 1st March 2007

Abbey National - S.A.R - 23/08/06

- Default Removal Letter sent 21st Sept

- LBA sent with Estimated Charges 4/10/06

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- N1 filed 9/11/06 - Deemed Served 16/11/06

- AQ & Draft Directions filed 19/12/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

- SETTLED IN FULL:o INCLUDING £5k COMPENSATION

Capital One - S.A.R. 10/10/06

Alliance & Leicester - Mortgage E/S/C Claim 02/03/07

Thanks! Had a confirmation that we will get the information by the 22nd of december.

On top of all of this we find out my husbands wages have been lost..his employer bacs them to my account Friday and they never arrived. Also one reason for all the fines was in october my husband was only paid half of what he should've been. Weird thing is on pay day when we checked the account the full amount was there, on our bank statement since the amount has changed. Really odd.

Is the 22nd December within the 40 day limit?

I don`t quite understand how your husbands bacs payment can be `lost` - if his employers have record of it being sent, and can provide the receiving account details, you should be able to take this into the bank for them to put an instant trace on it, but given the issue with your husbands October pay, are you sure his employers made the bacs payment??

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Yep, the 23rd would be the 40th day.

My husband isn't the only one with missing pay, the company has lost about £60k in wages! Left their bank (lloyds) but never reached the employees. Apparently there's no pattern to who it has happened to, all different banks on the receiving end involved.

I think they should just pay out again and then sort out the problem of missing money with the bank, not leave staff hanging on without money.

Under Employment law within the UK your husband has a right to be paid On Time, it forms part of the contract between your husband and his employer.

Even if the Bacs issue was geniune, it would only take your husbands employers a matter of minutes to reverse the payments out, and retrieve the wages, they would then be able to manually intervene (somthing that the banks like to do quite a lot!) to ensure that your husband was paid his wages.

If they have allowed you to go without money for nearly a week now? they have failed in their "Duty of Care" to their employees.

Your husband needs to get tough with them, as they are quite obviously not doing enough to resolve the situation.

A visit to the Citizens Advise may be of help to you as they should be able to assist in helping to resolve the issue.

Good Luck

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug

- 2nd LBA 23/10/06

- Court Hearing 22/3/07

Got all our statements (rather amusingly in separate envelopes..is this where the tenner goes?) today. I've totalled up £3712 over 4 years in charges.

Letter and schedule in the post tomorrow. Still working on the wages!

Just a couple of questions.. who do I address it too. I have had a good search of the forums and can't find a specific reference to the best address for the prelim request. I was thinking the HBOS trinity road HX1 2RG but is there a person/department best to address it too?

Also when you win, where does the money go? Do they send a cheque or credit the account?

• 1 month later...

Well got some money to file the claim online as that seemed the easiest way! I'll apply for a refund (mind you by looks of it my husband will have a new job by next week)!

So is there a letter you should enclose when sending the schedule of charges plus the 8% interest that I need to send to halifax now (as the particulars of claim say I will send another copy)?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I cannot post on the success board so will have to stick this here!

Halifax paid up £3,740 last week. It was the original amount we asked for before starting the claim with MCOL.

We lost the interest and charges due to our mistake on the MCOL site (I use firefox, and an important box to do with inputting the interest didn't pop up apparently)...we just didn't have the time to start again so accepted Halifax when they made the offer.

oh great! Got a letter today offering me the full amount plus court fees.

Dated the 6th of february!! So they sent the offer of full amount minus court fees after this letter which we accepted. Blimming royal mail!

Sign the acceptance and send it back to them, advise them in a letter that your gratefull for them sending you the improved offer which you accept in preference to their previous offer. Tell them that on receipt of the funds from this new offer you will contact the court and advise that the case has been settled (after cheque has cleared).

- Pre-Lim(£1665) July 06

- LBA - July 06

- MCOL - 15th Aug 06

- Acknowledged 18th Aug