Mackenzie Hall- some one help me!!!

rubynicola
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5333 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i certainly do - the worry this lot cause is amazing, and they have the check to talk about morals.

I have got a mortgage in the last 6 months, so i cannot imagine there is anything wrong with my credit file, they have been calling a relitive of mine asking for me, i told him just to say he will pass the message on and not to give any further details, i am an honest person and was going to call to see what it is all about, from what i have learnt on here i am certainly not going to do that. To be honest i am quite well paid these days, so they can take me to court as far as i am concerned, if it is something i ose fair enough, buyt they sound like chancer's to me and they can go F8ck themselves

I get accused of being irresponsible for advocating the ignore tactic - but in the case of this lot & their out of control offspring Meritforce, it really does work. ;)

Every letter i had off them just got laughed at & torn into little pieces in the bin bag :D

Got threatened with just about everything off them...not 1 of which ever actually transpired :rolleyes:

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I get accused of being irresponsible for advocating the ignore tactic - but in the case of this lot & their out of control offspring Meritforce, it really does work. ;)

Every letter i had off them just got laughed at & torn into little pieces in the bin bag :D

Got threatened with just about everything off them...not 1 of which ever actually transpired :rolleyes:

i never ignore anyone when it comes to thing like this, but it sounds like i will cause myself more trouble if i do contact them - they sound barely legal in their practices. Anyway thats by the by, they have not traced me and if they do get me on the phone i am going to tell them where to go in no uncertain terms.

• 4 weeks later...

i keep getting phone calls n threats via letters from mackenzie hall they are rude on the phone they never make sence as they deny things they have said on previous calls was told a payment sceme was not an option but they accepted a card payment i was later told that this was a token payment and would not stop any action being brought against me just lower the account balance HELP not sure what to do do ii take my chance's in court or what?

Firstly NEVER speak to them on the phone - as you have discovered, phone calls can be denied. say everything you need to say in letter.

Could you give a bit more information about the debt etc. and we may be able to help you more.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

• 3 months later...

Hi just wanted to say we also just received one for my OH. It was sent to the address he lived at when he was 16 years old saying he owed Llyods £3500, now firstly he has never banked with Lloyds and secondly he hasnt lived there since he was 16 like i say. Am i right to say just ignore them, his mum and dad forwarded it on but they dont even live there now and apparantly they have just received something else in his name ( im assuming another one ) I told him in no uncertain terms NOT to tring them and try and solve it :roll:

• 1 month later...

hi

i also need some advice,,ive been paying this company a debt for last year, now they want me to pay in full and i cant pay it, i pay them £25 a month and they said thats a stupid amount on a 4k debt and they want more or to pay in full which i cannot do, any advice?

thankyou

Hi Poppy and welcome to the forum.

We'd need a little more info about the debt, etc, in order to give you more advice.

You should start your own thread so that people can see it and give you the best advice, too.

All help is merely my opinion only - please seek legal advice if you need to as I am only qualified in SEN law.

sorry im not good with computers lol

basically i took out a loan about 9 years ago for my ex husband, same old story he didnt pay, i hought he was and 8 years later mackenzie hall get in touch, unfortunately i hadnt seen this website so i agreed to start paying back, i offered £25 a month which when your on low income is quite adequate,,anyway they have hassled me every 3 months for last year and today i get a letter saying pay within 7 days,,called them and they said my £25 was a joke and that they will hassle me until i pay a lot more than that, can they do this?

thanks

If there has been a gap of at least 6 years in the payments or acknowledgement then the debt is barred by statute.....!!

You MUST send this letter 'M' by recorded delivery....

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general-debt-issues/20758-creditors-dcas-letter-templates.html

You should also quote the day before you made your first (recent) payment as that is when the debt became statute barred....

Doesn't matter - once 6 years ave passed without making a payment/acknowledging the debt, it becomes statute barred and nothing can stop that.

Now, you can continue to pay if you feel you want to - however, this is good ammunition to make them accept payments on your terms and not theirs.

this thread is amazing on mackenzie hall.

yesterday i received a letter from them and have thankfully found all this advice from your group before i almost called them.

what i want to know is-without calling them how can i know what 'the debt' is for?i have a couple old outstanding debts and an unpaid parking fine but that is quite recent. should i just mail letter back claiming not to know who letter is addressed to?

also HOW on earth did they find my address? im very worried about this.having only moved in recently with someone-NOTHING is under my name at this aptmt yet-except my t mobile phone bill-which is of course not connected to the property itself.could it be that t mobile has given out my address?

also has anyone had a 'door visit' from these people? and if so,how long after the initial point of contact was that? they sent me a text 1st,then a letter to home a week later.

any advice much appreciated-thankyou

sorry im not good with computers lol

basically i took out a loan about 9 years ago for my ex husband, same old story he didnt pay, i hought he was and 8 years later mackenzie hall get in touch, unfortunately i hadnt seen this website so i agreed to start paying back, i offered £25 a month which when your on low income is quite adequate,,anyway they have hassled me every 3 months for last year and today i get a letter saying pay within 7 days,,called them and they said my £25 was a joke and that they will hassle me until i pay a lot more than that, can they do this?

thanks

If they thought £25 was a joke....then id love to hear their response to my offer of £0.00 per month :rolleyes:

Hmmmmmm I think after hearing soooooo many things about this company I would say that Watchdog is a good idea! And HOW much for a phone bill! Blimey!!!! It does sound like that they are fishing for people they cant find and hoping to lay the debt on some other poor person. If the debt is statute barred then most DCA do not pursue.

Any how my point being watchdog - go for it too many underhand tactics here!!

I got a letter and a search on my credit report for an "outstanding debt" last year, which following advice, I ignored - debt in a similar name that I had already disputed with Wescot and was dropped.

Now I have another search on my credit file, which I disputed. Equifax aren't interest, as MC have said their search is legal.

Not really sure what to do next. I am sure it a a breach of the DPA for Equifax to hold data that I have told them is wrong.

I await another letter from MC.

• 5 months later...

we have recieved three letters from Mackenzie Hall, we have not replied to any of them as i am not sure what they are for they have my husbands name at the top of each letter, but we do not have any knowledge of owing any money, what can we do, any help most apprieciated. The 1st letter started with we are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter.

We have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject. then it says if you are not the person named above contact subject not known/goneaway 01563 556052 and if you are the person contact 01563 556 051 quoting ref blah blah whereupon further detailed info can be provided .

The 2nd letter started Dear ****** *******

We have been instucted by our client to recover this OVERDUE ACCOUNT on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any LEGITIMATE REASON FOR NON-PAYMENT of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, THEY WILL NOT HESITATE TO TAKE SUCH FURTHER ACTION AS MAY BE APPROPRIATE.

We trust that this will not be necessary and would request that you send your PAYMENT BY THE DEADLINE BELOW to the address at the top of this letter to avoid action. The deadline was the 26 th january.

The 3rd letter was again addressed to my husband

PLEASE CALL 01563 554548 NO LATER THAN 24TH FEBRUARY 2009

IF THE ABOVE PERSON IS NOT YOU PLEASE CALL 0800 012 6179

THIS IS NOT A CIRCULAR OR JUNK MAIL

WE NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU URGENTLY

REGARDING REFERENCE NUMBER ***********

THANKYOU.

any help with this would me gratefully recieved thankyou.

we have recieved three letters from Mackenzie Hall, we have not replied to any of them as i am not sure what they are for they have my husbands name at the top of each letter, but we do not have any knowledge of owing any money, what can we do, any help most apprieciated. The 1st letter started with we are attempting to contact the above named person regarding a personal matter.

We have been provided your address as being the possible residential details for our subject. then it says if you are not the person named above contact subject not known/goneaway 01563 556052 and if you are the person contact 01563 556 051 quoting ref blah blah whereupon further detailed info can be provided .

The 2nd letter started Dear ****** *******

We have been instucted by our client to recover this OVERDUE ACCOUNT on their behalf.

Our clients have informed us that they are unaware of any LEGITIMATE REASON FOR NON-PAYMENT of their account and although they would prefer an amicable settlement, THEY WILL NOT HESITATE TO TAKE SUCH FURTHER ACTION AS MAY BE APPROPRIATE.

We trust that this will not be necessary and would request that you send your PAYMENT BY THE DEADLINE BELOW to the address at the top of this letter to avoid action. The deadline was the 26 th january.

The 3rd letter was again addressed to my husband

PLEASE CALL 01563 554548 NO LATER THAN 24TH FEBRUARY 2009

IF THE ABOVE PERSON IS NOT YOU PLEASE CALL 0800 012 6179

THIS IS NOT A CIRCULAR OR JUNK MAIL

WE NEED TO SPEAK TO YOU URGENTLY

REGARDING REFERENCE NUMBER ***********

THANKYOU.

any help with this would me gratefully recieved thankyou.

All aload of Muck Hall hot air with no authority to it whatsoever...treat it as junk mail :rolleyes:

• 8 months later...