style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3160 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

my daughter was just leaving the house for work,

opened the door to go out and a task enforcement bailiff stepped his foot inside the door blocking her exit.

She told him to remove his foot but he wouldn't.

He was collecting a debt for £826 for a vehicle that was registered fraudulently in my name which she explained to him.

She called the police who were no help.

He refused to budge until he was paid.

Reluctantly we paid up for a fine that wasnt mine

but the police said if we can prove it we can get a full refund.

I been in contact with the DVLA relentlessly until they sent an apology letter removing me from their records for this vehicle.

I have written to TE and they are investigating.

really frustrated right now as it has keft me out of pocket and in rent arrears.

Maz

how did you pay?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi my daughter was just leaving the house for work, opened the door to go out and a task enforcement bailiff stepped his foot inside the door blocking her exit. She told him to remove his foot but he wouldn't.

He was collecting a debt for £826 for a vehicle that was registered fraudulently in my name which she explained to him.

Reluctantly we paid up for a fine that wasnt mine

I been in contact with the DVLA relentlessly until they sent an apology letter removing me from their records for this vehicle.

I have written to TE and they are investigating. Maz

This case does seem very confusing and I am pleased that DVLA have now removed your name from their records.

Before getting to the stage where a bailiff would make a personal visit you should have received a fair amount of documentation from the council.

The first notice would be a Notice to Owner followed by a Charge Certificate and lastly, an Order for Recovery. If no response is made following these notices a Notice of Enforcement would have been sent to you by Task outlining the amount of the debt. A compliance fee of £75 would have been added. Did you receive any of these notices? Did you contact the council or DVLA?

The amount of £826 is also very high. I am assuming that there was more than one parking ticket. Did you receive a breakdown of the fees?

• 2 weeks later...

paid by card

there were letters being sent about 3 but I wasnt sure what they were as I didnt own this car so I thought it was a mistake.

task have written back saying they are not going to refund me, even though their operative and the police said if i can prove the car doesnt belong me i could get a refund.

paid by card

there were letters being sent about 3 but I wasnt sure what they were as I didnt own this car so I thought it was a mistake.

task have written back saying they are not going to refund me, even though their operative and the police said if i can prove the car doesnt belong me i could get a refund.

You say that you were not sure what the letters were because you did not own the car. Did you call Task Enforcement or the local authority on receipt of the letters?

I am confused about your car being frauduently registered in your name. Can you explain a little more about the background.

What reason have Task Enforcement given for refusing to refund you?

they apologised for the fact that i felt task enforcement had acted inappropriately when enforcing their warrant of control issued in my name. They went on to say that all complaints are taken seriously and that the case was reviewed and that they followed all procedures correctly.

they apologised for the fact that i felt task enforcement had acted inappropriately when enforcing their warrant of control issued in my name. They went on to say that all complaints are taken seriously and that the case was reviewed and that they followed all procedures correctly.

The warrants were in your name as this was the name that the vehicle was registered to. Can you explain a little more about why the car had been frauduently registered in your name and what action if any the police have taken regarding this.

I informed the DVLA who have taken me off their records and i received another log book for another vehicle registered in my name so i sent it back to DVLA who have now taken me off their records and I didnt hesitate to cntact the councils that werre sending me tickets for this vehicle, a lesson learnt from last time.

I went to the police who informed me to register my complaint on line which i did with action fraud and received a crime number but nothing since then.

to be honest DVLA did take quite a while to get back to me. I telephoned and wrote letters regarding both vehicles. I received a log book in my name with wrong address and wrong date of birth. I pointed this out and sent it right back to receive a form for me to fill out, which I sent straight back.

If the vehicle was not yours and DVLA are satisfied that a vehicle had been frauduently registered in your name then the correct course of action would be for you to file Out of Time witness statements with the Traffic Enforcement Centre. Have you approached the local authority with the supporting evidence to ask them to use their discretion to cancel each parking ticket?

i think because it was paid they are not bothered.

DVLA took a long time to actually take me off the records aswell so filing an out of time witness statement was too late i think

i wrote numerous letters to DVLA and council

this occurred in april and dvla only sent notification after much harassment from me in august

I really am not sure what advice I can give you to resolve this. From reading your posts again it seems that there were two vehicles involved which were both wrongly registered in your name and it was not until 4 months after the bailiff visit that DVLA agreed to remove your name from both vehicles. Accordingly, at the time of the bailiff visit the warrants were correctly in your name. Given the confusion surrounding the registration of the both vehicles it would be far better to ask the local authorities to use their discretion to cancel the tickets and in so doing, instruct Task to refund their bailiff fees.