ESA AND PIP APPEAL - Fit Note Question

tezzaa61
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3225 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I failed my WCA at ATOS and I am appealing.

I saw a doctor at my surgery (not my regular one) yesterday to get a Fit Note as I have now had my ESA re-instated pending the appeal hearing.

But, the Fit Note says I'm not fit for work because of the following conditions: Appealing WCA

I went back to the doctors this morning as asked if it was correct to put: Appealing WCA as the reason I am unfit, and not Depression which is the real reason I cannot work, but the doctor said that's what they always put on Fit Notes when your appealing a WCA decision, is this right?

It is also recorded as Appealing WCA on my medical notes which I have a copy of. My medical notes will be used as evidence in my ESA appealing hearing, as well as my PIP Appeal hearing.

I'm concerned that this might negatively effect the outcome of both hearings.

I'm I just worrying too much, or is this likely to be a problem?

IMO no that isn't right?

Appealing your WCA isn't a medical condition, god only knows what the GP is thinking?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

IMO no that isn't right?

Appealing your WCA isn't a medical condition, god only knows what the GP is thinking?

Thanks, that's what I thought. I've left a message for my regular doctor to look at it.

You can also make a complaint to the surgery or practice where the GP made this 'fit note' out.

There are guidelines somewhere about filling these 'fit notes' out I think??

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You can also make a complaint to the surgery or practice where the GP made this 'fit note' out.

There are guidelines somewhere about filling these 'fit notes' out I think??

OK, thanks. I may just do that.

I'll do a search for those guidelines as well.

Cheers