pension credit telephone interview

gordont
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I have just had a phone conversation regarding my pension credit. I was happy with everything and they are going to send someone out to visit my home. Anyway, during the conversation, he said to me "I'll just do a hmrc check" then came back, pause and said everything is fine. This just slightly concerned me.......does anyone know what the purpose of this check is?

Thanks

Hi and welcome to CAG

I have seen threads on here that have had the same concerns (or similar)

It is the view that these calls are to ensure that you are getting everything you are entitled to but also to check that you are not getting too much.

As they have said the HMRC check is fine, that should be the end of it for now.

Obviously if something changes, advice is just a keyboard away.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hello Gordont and welcome to CAG. Glad to hear that you are happy so far with the way your pension credit application is progressing.

I believe Her Majesty's Revenue and Customs keep records of people's tax status among other things which indicate income, earnings, other pension you may be in receipt of, etc.

When he tells you everything is fine I would think it means that he found no grounds in those records for denying you your entitlement to pension credits. To be told its all fine suggests that you are not rolling in money and need additional support, hardly fine in that sense but from your point of view an desirable result in your current situation.