unknown ccj as guarantor for car finance - advice please

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya asking some advice

- I have a ccj on my credit report that was registered In Jan 2015.

It was for car hire purchase that my ex husband took out and kindly added me onto it as a guarantor without my knowledge.

The original debt drops off my credit file in august this year and the ccj will be 6 years old in Jan 2016.

Do I carry on and leave it until it drops off or do I contact the court

and get it removed as I never received paperwork for it as I never knew that debt was taken out and my name used for it.

Thanks

were you living where you are now

when the loan was taken out?

who got the CCJ?

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

No I have moved a few times. I think the ccj is registered against us both but as I'm not with him and haven't spoken to him since 2010 then I wouldn't know. It is showing I am financially linked to him

well the CCJ will go from your CRA file in jan 2016

if it was registered jan 2010

I cant really see what you could achieve in 8mts

you didn't inform the creditor of a change of address

so you cant use the wrong address reason

and even if you did/could

you'd need a defence to you not owing the money

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I didn't inform the creditor as I wasn't aware I was even part of the credit agreement - all I knew was that it came out via dd from the joint account we had at the time. It was an abusive relationship and i tried to cease contact as much as I could so when I discovered this I had no contact details for him. It's just affecting my life as I'm wanting to move house as expecting my second child but will instantly fail all letting agent checks

It was for car hire purchase that my ex husband took out and kindly added me onto it as a guarantor without my knowledge.

How is that possible....did you sign as guarantor?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Well as already stated it will drop off in 8 months.....you should have fought it in 2010.You could inform the CRAs and Registry Trust that the CCJ was a fraudulent credit application by your ex and have it marked on the files as same.Not really worth the expense and time and stress for another 8 months.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

The debt is joint and several...so if they know were you ex resides he will be the first port of call.......If you contact the creditor and explain then they will know were you reside....the Judgment creditor has 6 years to enforce (execute) the CCJ so they have 8 months remaining to action this...then they will need permission of the court.

I assume you have never requested a copy of the agreement pursuant to section 79 as then they would know your whereabouts ?

I did think about requesting it

but again like you say they would know my current address

although I'm sure if they wanted to they could find me.

Does the ccj drop off the register that the court holds as well after 6 years?

Thanks

Unless set aside or cancelled, a judgment remains on the Register for a period of six years from its registration date.