About Child Tax Credit Query I have been sent a form saying that HMRC have been informed that I am living with someone

poppylillybellamonty1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3281 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

You've posted in a forum about CAG itself, so I'll move your thread to the HMRC forum and leave you a link to follow. People should be along over the weekend with advice for you.

What proof do you have that you live alone please?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Normally these letters ask you to provide evidence. Does your letter not explain what to do?

Does the letter specifically say they have been informed that someone is living with you or that they believe someone is living with you?

Do they name the person and if so do you know them?

Do you receive any mail at your address for an ex partner or a previous occupier?

Hi can anyone one help I am a single mum with three children two disabled, I have received a letter

from HMRC saying that they have been informed that someone is living with me when I have not and have concrete proof can you help please

Thank you

Have they told you who? Or what their evidence is?

I don't doubt you are being truthful if you say no-one else is living with you, but how come you have "concrete proof"?

It is hard to prove a negative.

If you know who they are claiming was living with you : you might be able to show they were living elsewhere.

If they claim to have evidence someone was living with you you might be able to give an alternative explanation or discredit their evidence ; but otherwise how do you have "concrete proof"?