LA Fitness - ARC Europe - £440 and court threat?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3266 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Szal,

Tell them at head office that you need an email or letter from them to confirm :-

1. The amounts they want you to pay.

2. The months this is for.

3. The date your agreement runs up to.

4. That the gym will ensure ARC do not make further demands if you come to a new agreement.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Hi slick132

I will tell them at the head office tomorrow.

Just got a call from ARC Europe. The guy had to be on the street, I could hardly hear him. He said I need to pay £160 for the last four months. I said I am resolving the issue with La Fitness and that all is in writing. He was arguing with me but in the end just said I need to send him a copy of a letter from LA Fitness saying the issue is resolved.

Hi Szal,

If ARC call again, tell them you have nothing to say to them by phone, then hang up !

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi!

I got a confirmation email from LA Fitness saying that:

- they want me to pay now for May,

- they will take the next payment in end of May (in a week?) for June,

- they will extend my contract for 3 months.

I don't think it's fair that they want me to pay for May as it's almost the end of month and I would be paying for something I wasn't even able to use. I replied that I would like to negotiate and make the first payment in May for June but also I would agree to extend my contract one more month (which make sense for me as they will get the same amount of money in the end?). They refused and said it is not negotiable.

Do you think it is fair?

Hi Szal,

I'd reply to the email saying :-

I do not agree to paying for May as we're over half way through the month and I've not been able to use the gym.

I will pay by DD at the end of May if we can get the DD set up in time and this will pay for my use of the gym for June onwards.

I am happy to extend the agreement by an extra month because of this, so LAF will not lose out.

I need your confirmation in writing that ARC will not demand payment of admin fees that they've tried to charge.

I already sent similar email and this is the part of their reply:

"Considering the situation, we are offering you a goodwill gesture by instead waiving three payments from the outstanding balance and adding them to the end of your contract. As such, we will be unable to differ from the offer my colleague Kim has stated to you."

I think you agree with me - that it's not fair to pay for May when you'll have no benefit for over half the month.

However, you now have to decide :-

1. Do you just agree to their offer to end the matter. Make sure they agree that ARC will NOT charge admin fees. Cancel the gym m/ship when the 12 months are up, if you want.

OR

2. Do you continue to argue, on the basis that they are not treating you fairly.

It's really up to you.