Collectica Balliff for my husbands speeding fine - missed payments

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3338 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

Just had a baliff from collectica at my door for my husbands speeding fine.

We have been paying it off in weekly instalments,

but missed the last 2 weeks due to my disability

and husband having to stop work to look after me.

He is now claiming Carers allowance for me.

I told the baliff he doesnt live here any more to try and buy us some more time.

The notice they left says that the FULL balance HAS to be paid in full or they will be removing goods and no further arrangements to pay will be accepted.

Can we apply to them to get a deductions from benefit order to have it come out of my husbands carers allowance?

would we be classed as vulnerable as our only income is from benefits at the moment?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated, also if there are any template letters I could send, I would be greatful if someone could point me in the right direction.

This is a real worry and as I already suffer from some mental problems, I fear this will only make me worse.

Thank you.

You MAY be classed as vulnerable being on benefits but it doesn't automatically make you vulnerable. Depends on many other factors.

You may think you have bought time but in reality, once the bailiff confirms residency and finds you lied, all bets are off. Its called shielding and the bailiffs and the courts take a very dim view of it.

I would be surprised if this remains at a stage to be paid in full and refusal to do so can lead to the removal of assets, further removal costs, locksmiths costs etc.