purple loansiGroup/GE Money Home Lending - charges court claim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2880 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Sorry for previous post, despite putting in paragraphs, when it is displayed, it all just bunches together !!!!

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Try note pad not word to copy and paste from

Dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

So claim form ready to send tomorrow - taken a few attempts due to teething problems with the form .... So now the action begins

Just wondered - any point in me emailing the CEO to say claims being sent tomorrow but open to it being settled out of court - or allow the procedure to advise?

jaxads - thanks for the post! Only just seen it, didn't get an email notification for some reason!!

All ready for claim to send tomorrow - so prepared to see it through

Thanks again!

• 1 month later...

Quick update. Had some hiccups with the N1 submission - all addressed and resent. GE have until 20th Aug to respond to claim. Hoping to go straight in for judgment by default on 21st - fingers crossed!

• 3 weeks later...

So GE filed a defence ....

Very much like jaxads ..

. Poorly particularised claim,

their fees are reasonable,

I'm claiming against the wrong person as they were formally Igroup. Etc

Just had to submit an allocation questionnaire

- opted not to have mediation as it states to use if you think they'll settle without a court hearing

- very unlikely so no point me paying for the service.

Does anyone have any pointers on the next steps?

I presume I'll now have to submit a defence against their defence at some point.

Wondering if anyone, other than jaxads, has got this far with their claim?

Any suggestions/experience of this would be appreciated.

• 3 weeks later...

Any advice appreciated .....

So received their N244 defence, requesting that they ''invite us to immediately discontinue the claim' and that it'll be 'struck out' with 'no real prospect of succeeding' .... and they seek an order for payment of their costs.

States that IGroup loans changed its name to GE Money then goes on to say that GE Money has 'no contractual relationship or otherwise with us' and 'there is no legal basis' in which we can bring a claim against them - they just confirmed they changed names!

States that the claim is statue barred, as the loan doesn't 'constitute a "principal sum of money secured by a mortgage"' making the 12 year limitation denied. And that they are 'embarrassed by the lack of particulars of the claim'.

I'm assuming I now have to compete an N244 for my response to their points?

They also still haven't addressed the 'write off' of the £4500+ balance - surely if they were 'right and just' in their charges, then they would've sought the balance outstanding?! Especially as it was a SECURED loan!

Look forward to hearing from anyone who has any pointers for this stage in the claim!!

as it was a secured loan sure it would be 12yrs fwiw:

look at it this way

ge money have gone after people for money outside of 6yrs of last payment as long as the charge was still current.

so horses for courses.?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as it was a secured loan sure it would be 12yrs fwiw:

look at it this way

ge money have gone after people for money outside of 6yrs of last payment as long as the charge was still current.

so horses for courses.?

dx

Thanks dx - will try to find evidence to support this too

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all,

The claim has now been sent to our local court - so waiting for a hearing date or request for information to send.

I want to be able to send the attached, it disputes and shows reasonable doubt in their defense - so that the court can use this information to determine next step.

Any suggestions appreciated.

• 7 months later...

Hi. Help/assistance needed please!!

Due in court 8/6.

Just received letter from Optima, outlining their costs - £8,880!!! Ridiculous!!

Any ideas if this is a scaremongering tactic or will I now have this debt to settle?!

Thanks

Hi Honeybee,

Nothing since their defence in September, which I bullet pointed and evidenced - I sent a copy of this to the court and to Optima in March. Also, the change of court from our local one to theirs.

Then this morning, a copy of Optima's client (ge money) costs - a copy of which has also been filed at the courts - totaling £8,886.20.

I also thought, and read somewhere, that as long as it remains in small claims court then I wouldn't be ordered to pay their costs if I lost?

Any advice welcome!!

Thanks

and they

Hi jmd, has it been allocated to small claims track or fast track?

I am probably a little behind you in my case with GE, awaiting notice of allocation as it was sent to my local court

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

Hi jmd, has it been allocated to small claims track or fast track?

I am probably a little behind you in my case with GE, awaiting notice of allocation as it was sent to my local court

Hi. Yes allocated to small claims court.

then just sending that to worry you

dx

and they