HELP PLEASE!!!! Shoplifted in Primark

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3348 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys, I really need some help.

I shopliftted today in Primark

they stopped me by the exit and took me to the detention room.

took a copy of my driving licence ( I am 18 years old btw) and

asked me to confirm my address.

They handed me a RLP letter and told me I will get fined by them and a letter will be sent to my address regarding fine information.

I am totally scared and I do not want my family finding out.

I know what I did was stupid and I will definitely not do this again. I have been upset ever since.

They told me the police will not be involved,

I will not get a criminal record and

that I could enter Primark in 2-3 months,

however if it does happen again the Police will be involved.

What do I do?

I really need some advice,

I do not want the letter being sent home.

What do I tell my parents?

usually they do open the mail and pass it onto us when were home.

I have read that I should not pay RLP a penny as they do not have the right to fine me only the court or the police do,

but so what should I do?

what do I say to them?

How many letters will they send?

Christaphy,

(Please get back to me ASAP - im really scared)

Hi and welcome to CAG

First of all, I hope you have learned your lesson! That is all I need to say on that score.

Now, what you have received is a preliminary letter from the security goon who is following a script probably issued by RLP for them to spout. There is no fine.

What will happen is that RLP will send you a speculative invoice for a pre determined sum in damages. Total Bowlarks.

I assume Primark got the stuff back so no loss there. The police were not involved so that door is now closed to Primark.

Unfortunately, the letters will appear on the doormat and if your parents are nosy they may ask what is in them as there will be nothing on the outside to show who the letter is from.

They will send somewhere between 4 and 6 letters before they pass the so called 'debt' on to its tame Debt Collector.

What can they do?

RLP. Nothing except send the begging letters

Debt collector. Even less than RLP

Primark. Now they could take court action but I am yet to see a case where they have done so. It is too much like hard work.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

nothing you can do about the letters

by the way

I bet they never used the word 'fine' at all. did they?

either fess up or simply tell your parents to red here.

whatever you do

you cannot stop the letters ..even if you do decide to get fleeced. and pay up.

so don't get fleeced

they'll simply ask for more money.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

genuine, anyway;

did you agree to licence copy? they have no authority to do that.

they cant say what, if any, crim record you'll have. not up to them.

these lot think they have powers that dont exist! and rely on duress. imo.

they'll send letters. but, the general view is to ignore rlp, they cant do anything.

Yes I did agree, I was really nervous and scared about everything :(

How many letters am I expecting?

I will try and get my letters from my parents so they know nothing about the situation. and when am I expecting my first letter?

They did use the word "fine" along with the product costs which was £34 :'(

What will my first letter say?

And how do I write a letter back to them?

can they contact me through an e-mail instead of mail?

I am not planning on paying them, but i do want them to stop with the letters.

I have definitely learnt my lesson and will not be doing that every again in my life! I feel so embarrassed.

thats what i mean re duress.

34£. it wont go v far. up to you though, if you've got it, and want to stop the letters etc, then could just pay it.

but, as you say, lesson learned. they didnt involve the police which is prob a good thing.

Royal Mail do a keepsafe service but with that, they will keep all the letters sent to you safely until you want them so that really is a non starter.

You could rent a mailbox and get your letters sent to them but that costs.

The only problem with insisting that they contact you via email only won't work as you will have to communicate with them otherwise they will resort to snail mail again/

Your parents are going to notice that something is wrong, I know (I am one. 3 kids, one of each :lol: )

They may ask you what is wrong but to be honest, you should just fess up (unless you live in a family abuse situation) Yes, your parents will be angry and upset but home support is essential to deal with RLP and you will be able to direct your parents here to see what they need to do.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

The guards are just inept monkeys. Ignore what they say. Regarding RLP letters, just grab them and bin them. They cannot do anything to you. They are NOTHING to do with the law at all. Only the police or courts can find you. The police werent called so will have nothing to do with this, and it wont go anywhere near a courtroom, no matter what jackie and co ( RLP) try and say. They are a private company who are trying to get their grubby little hands in your pocket. have a good laugh at their silly attempts.

Again, if you get letters, bin every single one of them ( bar the extremely unlikely event you get court papers ), and get on with your life.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

the RLP costs will be +£150 not £34.

they got the products back anyway.

you cant stop the letters

and I certainly would not be givin them an email ad!!

just forget about it

and gt on with your life.

there are several threads here where people panicked over the letters

they all felt rather foolish months down the line.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

My mum noticed something was wrong with me as soon as I entered the house and spoke to her. I told her im tired, I dont want to put them through this trouble- it will just cause stress to them as they are already worrying about other things and I do not want this to add to their list :( I really cannot tell my parents, I cannot face them. :(

I will bin every letter and not bother paying them off as they are just a money making company and nothing more!

I will look into the royal mail keepsafe service.

When will my first letter arrive?

Thank you to all of you for helping me!! I cannot thank you enough, I couldnt tell anyone about this and I didnt know how to deal with this :(

that's the idea

theres no way of telling when or even IF you'll get letters sadly.

dx

and they

was this the type of form given by the security guard?[ATTACH=CONFIG]56180[/ATTACH]

First time ive seen that letter, but what a joke. Half the things they say they can do, they damn well cant.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

[ATTACH=CONFIG]56185[/ATTACH]

First time ive seen that letter, but what a joke. Half the things they say they can do, they damn well cant.

I pulled that form apart on another thread about what they could and couldn't charge.

In fact, this is likely to be the first letter the OP will get.

You don't need to say anything to RLP. The best advice is to ignore them altogether. they can do nothing to you...ever!

If you did NEED to write to them, the only words I would use are:

"I acknowledge no liability to you nor any company you claim to represent." Nothing more is needed.

Don't even worry when they send a letter informing you that they have seen your thread in the internet. this means nothing as RLP can do bu**er all to you.

Yes Silverfox that was the letter they gave me.

So I should not pay them whatsoever right?

100% correct. Ignore them and get on with your life. You shoplifted, you know you made a mistake. So now its time to focus on not doing it again, and moving on.

Also, what could I say to them in defence? Could someone tell me what I could say to RPL when they send their letter

In defence?

why?

They have no power of authority or authority of any kind.

They arent a court,

they arent part of the legal system,

they arent judge and jury,

even though jackie thinks she is.

what pat of ignore them, means you converse AT ALL with them.?

and they