Problems getting BT to ADR

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3376 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I have a contractual dispute with BT regarding a cancellation.

I've gone through the normal internal complaint processes with the company and understand their position but vehemently disagree with it.

I've requested on numerous occasions to take the matter to ADR but all that happens is that I get a written response a few days later

re-iterating BTs position and stating that they hope this resolves the matter.

Is there any way I can force the matter?

BT clearly have internal procedures to deter people from getting to ADR but I wont get a balanced view from within the company.

In the mean time my debt has been passed to a debt collection agency and my credit rating is being affected by a debt that I dispute.

Thanks

how about the regulator tried them?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Your message is very vague. If you would like to lay out all the details and tell us about the exchange between the two of you then maybe we can give you some more direct advice

Hi Bank Fodder,

Its a longish story but in essence:

• Whilst married I was a BT customer
  • Upon divorcing and leaving the marital home, my ex-wife and I tried to move the account to her name but were unsuccessful so the original account stayed in my name.
  • A couple of years later after the original contract terms had expired my ex-wife noticed that she was now on an expensive rolling monthly tariff so contacted BT and agreed another 18 months contract in my name
  • One month later she 'successfully moved the contract into her name'. However, what really happened was that BT cancelled 'my' contract and gave her a new one. As such BT are enforcing payment on me for 17 months of an 18 month contract.

I understand that a contract was taken out but where I feel hard done by is:

• On several occasions upon divorcing we tried to move the account into my ex-wife's name, unsuccessfully
  • I didn't take out the 18 month contract in 2014. Nor had I been living at the property for 2 years prior
  • I didn't cancel the aforementioned contract.
  • BT didn't lose the customer. The same person (my ex-wife) remains at the property and is a BT customer, paying her monthly charges faithfully
  • From a common sense point of view, no-one in their right mind would take out an 18 month contract and then cancel it within 1 month to take out another deal if they understood the implications.

BT's position is that they intend to enforce the contract. I fully understand their position but clearly don't agree with it. If arbitration decided against me I'd pay up but don't believe BT have shown any propensity to view the situation in terms any other than a defaulted contract.

Quite simply, you need to contact their ADR scheme directly. A quick search online shows that BT's ADR is ombusman-services.org.

You can take the issue to them once 8 weeks has passed from the initial time of making the complaint, or if you are unhappy with the outcome from the complaint. Taken from their website:

If the problem isn’t sorted out within eight weeks from the date that you first told the company about the problem, or you are unhappy with what the company has done to sort it out, contact us. You can complain using the form on this website or by calling 0330 440 1614. We will ask questions about your problem so get out the notes you have taken of the calls you have made and received and the letters you have sent and received.