• Tweets

• An update! I emailed both Andrzej.Tuleja and James_Goldsmith at Whirlpool dot com. I got a phone call from their executive team a couple of days later, and a replacement part dropped on the mat a week after. She was quite apologetic, however, also reiterated the "90 day warranty" period on customer fitted parts, and did not comment when I mentioned that the CRA also applies as I was a consumer buying from them directly. So I now have a spare door switch if the machine decides to eat another in the future! Cheers all!   Note dx100 that the "Hotpoint CEO" you linked to is not related to the hotpoint appliances, but some kind of marketing app.
    • yep, throw that morality card out the window....9/10 you never owe a DCA ANYTHING!! they are NOT BAILIFFS!!
    • (See the link to DVLA’s INF188/6 document I posted above, page 4 as cited) “I have a new medical condition that I have told the DVLA about on my recent application. Can I drive? As soon as the DVLA receives your correct and complete application for a new licence and as long as you meet all the Section 88 criteria, you may drive. It is important that you are satisfied that the medical condition you have declared on your application does not stop you from driving. If you are unsure, check with your doctor or healthcare professional before you make a decision. You can also look up your condition in the ‘Assessing fitness to drive’ guide, which you can find at www.gov.uk/dvla/fitnesstodrive to see whether you meet the medical standards for driving. As this guide is intended for healthcare professionals, it can be complicated. Your doctor or healthcare professional should be able to help you if necessary." It seems that DVLA think that S.88 does apply for applications disclosing a new medical condition after all. Why might this be so, and what of “qualifying application" and "relevant disability"? S. 92(1) imposes on the driver a requirement to disclose a relevant disability. S.92(3) requires the Secretary of State to refuse such an application disclosing a relevant disability ….. EXCEPT S.92(4) requires the Secretary of State to grant such an application if the relevant disability is “adequately controlled”. Hence my belief S.88 can apply for medical conditions (if the driver meets the medical standard of fitness to drive) as the application remains a qualifying application IF the driver meets the medical standard of fitness to drive, until DVLA (on behalf of the Secretary of State) say it doesn’t, provided the driver believes they meet the (medical) standard. Additionally, at (or before) June 2013 (as noted in my previous post) the medical standard for fitness to drive for conditions involving excessive daytime sleepiness was changed from “completely controlled” to "adequately controlled".  
    • CFO Bill Guan allegedly led a team at the news outlet that was behind a global money laundering scheme.View the full article
    • Anyway, I've asked my Booking.com flat-rent-out-bloke what needs to be done on the Booking.com portal to cancel a reservation. I got a late message "I'll let you know tomorrow".
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

ET3 Received - Full of 'Porky's'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all, seeking views on this.

I have left my employment owing 5 days annual leave - fair enough.

My last full monthly wage was paid in August and in September I have only worked 5 days.

Now, I was expecting to recieve a wage slip stating my gross pay for those 5 days, the tax, NI, Student Loan and pension deductions and then the deductions they have taken for the 5-days too much leave I had taken. Leaving £0 - with a letter asking me to make up the difference.

Instead what they have done is just sent me a P45 - no wage slip. Checking the tax and gross pay details on the P45 and comparing it with the tax and total gross pay details on my final full wage slip from August, it seems that they have treated my final 5 days in September as I never worked them ie the gross pay and tax on my P45 is identical to that on my August wage slip.

Does anyone know if this approach is correct? I thought the tax man and Student Loans company would have the first dibs on my earning?

I also think I should recieve some wage slip/summary from them telling me what they have taken!

I agree that they should have sent you a payslip, but I don't see why the taxman or student loans would feature.

Surely a payslip would have said something like:

5 days pay - £x

Deduction for 5 days holiday - £x

Gross pay - £00.00

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

As the title says I have submitted my ET1 and the othersides solicitor has responded with their ET3. I would like to say that the ET3 is full of misunderstandings or inaccuracies, but in fact its full of blatent lies!

The ET have penciled in a date for a case management discussion. My question is therefore one of strategy - I am wondering if I should write to the ET pointing out the various porkies (along with documentation to prove they are porkies) or wait until the case management discussion or wait until the actual ET hearing and point them out then?

I am concerned that the Judge at the case management might actually believe the porkies and this will affect my case.

Any advice appreciated.

I was in same boat as you, mine was all lies, and the judge even said at my PHR my claim would have been a good valid one - unfortunately week before deadline my hearing aids died and came back day after and that still was not allowed; but the respondant lied even with wrong date on my nervous breakdown - just disgraceful that it came to all that

Hi ,

As long as you've solid evidence and can prove they're lies then just sit back and wait for the CMD and explain to the judge that you have the evidence that points to the fact that your employer is wrong in what they are saying . Leave the judge to decide if they are lying . What will come next will be that your employer will go all out to have the evidence thrown out as having no relevance to your case/is of no merit/adds little to your case/they don't understand , any evidence they see that will damage their case they will try to have omitted from the eventual hearing.

And be prepared , there will be alot more in the way of lies coming your way . Goodluck

• 3 months later...

Hi all.

CMD done and dusted. Tribunal pencilled in for later this year. I have to produce a list of documents which I am going to use at the tribunal and send this to the respondents who have been directed to prepare the bundle.

Is there any specific format this list of documents should take?

Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Have a look at Form N265 online...

http://www.justice.gov.uk/index.htm

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.

All you have to do is send all the documents you intend to rely on during the tribunal. The only format I can think of is that the documents should be in date order and once the respondents have them they will prepare the bundle and do anything necessary to accede to the judges orders of the CMD.

It may be worth looking at your CMD to see if the chairman has included any specifics for the format however believe that the most obvious requirements will be fulfilled by the respondent.

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

Form N265 is for County Court or High Court claims - irrelevant for Tribunal proceedings!

They are indeed to be disclosed in date order. The Respondent will be responsible for preparing the finalised bundle, so a numbered list, describing each document, in date order would do. The way a firm of solicitors would send them would be to create a table and head the document with the the relevant case title, Tribunal, case number and parties to the proceedings, but that's not necessary for an unrepresented claimant!

That was the same for me just give them the documents in date order. In most cases they would have a copy of the documents anyway either recieved or sent so I wouldn't worry too much.

If there are spelling mistakes on my posts, I blame the gremlins tapping my keys. :eek:

Form N265 is for County Court or High Court claims - irrelevant for Tribunal proceedings!

Thank you... :-)

They are indeed to be disclosed in date order. The Respondent will be responsible for preparing the finalised bundle, so a numbered list, describing each document, in date order would do. The way a firm of solicitors would send them would be to create a table and head the document with the the relevant case title, Tribunal, case number and parties to the proceedings, but that's not necessary for an unrepresented claimant!

Edited by Bigredbus

---Aut viam inveniam aut faciam---

***All advice given should be taken as guidance... Professional advice should always be taken before any course of action is pursued***

- I do not reply directly to any PMs, but you are more than welcome to enclose a link, in a PM, to your post. Thank you -

Make a contribution to this site... Help the CAG keeping on helping you for FREE.