humptydumpty v barclays bank

humptydumpty
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6335 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi to all

I am just starting out on the long campaign ahead to getting all my dosh back from Barclays (plus a few more!), one at a time though may be the best approach. Got my first D.P.A. + £10 fee at the ready for posting (recorded delivery) tomorrow sharpish, and settling in for a long wait.

Wish me luck in the battle thats looming.

humpty

_

send of your dpa tomorrow preferrably recorded delivery, they have 40 days to provide the data

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

Well I sent off the S.A.R. to Barclays, which they recieved on Tuesday the 7th.

Already got a reminder typed up for them should I need it (which I will!) should they dilly dally (which they undoutedly WILL!!!).

keep you posted.

humpty

Hi, got my fob off letter and postal order returned within a week.

Three stuffed envelopes arrived just over a week later so fingers crossed you may need the calculator sooner than you think.

Best wishes

Barclays - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Postal order returned and statements on way 26/10/06

Sending prelim for £1460 on 13/11/06

Reply to Prelim received on 15/11/06

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Short on statements, response sent 14/11/06

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Promised statements by 19/11/06

Statements received on 19/11/06 from march 2004. Sending polite letter on 20/11/06

I PLEDGE A MINIMUMN OF 5% OF SUCCESSFUL CLAIMS TO THE UPKEEP OF THIS SITE.

Well I received my Barclays S.A.R. response in double quick time :o :o today. It was sent on the 6/11, received by Barclays on the 7/11, responded to on the 8/11 and mailed on the 10/11, slow coaches Royal Mail however took 4 days to get it to me, slower than a coach and four took from York to London in the 18th century ! they also returned my £10 quid P.O.:)

Anyway, here is the full text of their letter.

Radbroke Hall

Knutsford

Cheshire

WA169EU

Dear Mr *************

DATA PROTECTION ACT

We refer to your letter of 5 November, which was passed to this department for comment due to your request for certain information, relating to bank charges, under the terms of the Data Protection Act ["the Data Protection Act"].

Please be aware that the Bank is not under an obligation to present information according to any particular format. Therefore, your request to assemble a schedule of charges is turned aside. You may of course obtain this data from copy statements and these will be supplied to you within the next few weeks without charge on this occasion. As the Bank is providing the copy statements on a complimentary basis your payment is returned herewith. We would advise however, that some statement information arising from the period prior to and possibly during 1999 to 2000 is manually stored in the form of microfiche and does not fall within the data subject access provisions of the Data Protection Act.

As regards your mention of "manual intervention", the Data Protection Act does not oblige the Bank to comment about internal policies and procedures. Furthermore, in the context of managing day to day transactions arising from out of order accounts, the Bank does not hold the information you have requested in a form that would be covered by the Data Protection Act. Whilst aggregated information is retained for statistical purposes, this would not constitute "personal data" under the Data Protection Act and therefore would not be covered by a s.7 DPA subject access request. For the avoidance of doubt, the fact that we do not generally record information in a way that is caught by the provisions of the DPA, is in no way an admission that there was no such manual intervention.

Yours sincerely,

Peter Townsend

Manager, Barclays Data Protection

Lets hope Barclays have turned over a new leaf and continue to swiftly turnaround all future correspondance:rolleyes:

Is this response their bog standard fob off? I suspect it is. Is there anything in this letter that demands an immediate reply or should I await my statements and then send the prelim?

All assistance in this will be greatly appreciated.

Humpty.:cool:

Same fob off letter as me humpty.

Take a good look around the Barclays threads if you need reassurance.

Your statements will arrive shortly.

Dont panic, have a cup of tea :)

Barclays - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Postal order returned and statements on way 26/10/06

Sending prelim for £1460 on 13/11/06

Reply to Prelim received on 15/11/06

Barclaycard - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Short on statements, response sent 14/11/06

MBNA - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) sent 19/10/06

Promised statements by 19/11/06

Statements received on 19/11/06 from march 2004. Sending polite letter on 20/11/06

I PLEDGE A MINIMUMN OF 5% OF SUCCESSFUL CLAIMS TO THE UPKEEP OF THIS SITE.

As Montedarlo mentions, it's all very "Barclays".

While you are waiting for your statements, you should read up on the FAQ's and Step by Step Instructions along with the longer threads in this forum.

To follow my case progress, click here to see where I'm at right now.

Welshman

Received statements (microfiche copies?)yesterday, dating back to December 1997 :o

Now hard at work trawling through them with highlighters at the ready :D to find out what they have ripped me off for.

Not long before the request, nay demand, for payment is on its way. :D

Will stay posted

humpty

Banks respect money. They merely wish YOUR MONEY to become THEIR MONEY, so that they may more perfectly respect it. (With apologies to G.K. Chesterton 1874-1936)

Oh, what a tangled web they weave,

When first they practice to deceive!

Sent off my prelim payment request and schedule on saturday & Barcalys would have received it by 1 o'clock today (registered deliv) so two weeks today I should have a response, so what then? another 14 days just to be nice eh, and then the fun starts!

Does anyone have any thoughts on compounded or contractual interest?

Would be interested to know what the general thinking is on this as I may consider applying it to some other claims I will be submitting when I have won this one.

humpty

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone have any thoughts on compounded or contractual interest?

Would be interested to know what the general thinking is on this as I may consider applying it to some other claims I will be submitting when I have won this one.

Hi Humpty,

Most people don't bother just go with the 8% interest that is worked out on the simple spreadsheet that is found in the library. I have put a link to it:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/182-6-interest-calculation-spreadsheets.html

The 8% interest is only added at the claim through court stage.

Hope this helps

Regards

Simmo

04 Nov 06 - S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) letter sent

16 Nov 06 - Statements received - £2685.00 of illegal charges incurred

17 Nov 06 - PAR (Preliminary Approach for Repayment) letter sent

01 Dec 06 - Received Stalling letter from Barclays

02 Dec 06 - LBA (Letter Before Action) sent

18 Dec 06 - Claim filed with MCOL

20 Dec 06 - Settlement Rejection letter sent

03 Jan 07 - Claim acknowleged by Barclays

22 Jan 07 - Claim defended by Barclays

You wanna know how you do it? Here's how, they pull a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue!

Please click the scales at the bottom left if you find my advice useful. However, the advice I give is only my opinion based on my experience, I am not trained in Law!

• 1 month later...

Hi Humpty,

I think claiming contractual interest is something you should weigh up and decide on for yourself.

People are winning claims with contractual interest and the sums speak for themselves !

I was initially a little scared about claiming contractual interest but I spent hours ( days lol !) reading Bankfodders ' why is no-one claiming contractual interest' thread.sorry, dont know how to post the thread up !!

Why don't you have a browse , play around with your figures on a speady and caculate the return on 8% and then on your banks current unarranged borrowing rate (could even be as high as 29%)

I don't think you will be dissapointed humpty !:D

You really need to do this from pre-lim stage ,so if its already been sent you will need to retract it and redo the figures at the higher rate.

HTH .

Hope xx

You need to read this if you have ever consolidated lending through your bank,

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/general/49648-loans-pay-off-overdrafts.html

NatWest

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) LETTER SENT15/12/06 - STATEMENTS RCD 22/12/06

PRE-LIM AND SOC SENT 11/01/07

FULL CLAIM OF £4093.04 INCLUDING CONTRACTUAL INT :)

JUST WAITING FOR STANDARD BOG OFF LETTER...:rolleyes:

LETTER FROM STUART HIGLEY TODAY 20TH JAN THANKING ME FOR MY LETTER AND ADVISING ME THAT THEY ARE CONSIDERING MY CLAIM.... YEAH, BET THEY ARE !!!:lol:

LBA SENT 29/01/07

**** G.W.G PAYMENT OFFER RECEIVED TODAY FOR £2160. THAT WILL DO NICELY AS PART PAYMENT MR HIGLEY !!!:D ****

Member of the official Bill-K appreciation thread cos he's just ape !! :D