• Tweets

• so I need to return the questionaire   Do I go for the remediation fre eoption or straight to court?   is there a guide to filling this out or do i just go with what i think? (ie. judege, get all papers, make a decision)  
    • Thanks for replies people, I think i will hold tight for a bit.
    • Can I please have advice on how to deal with Forecourt Eye.  Received a letter claiming I drove off without paying for petrol three months ago...there is a picture of me at the pump and me clearly offering my card to pay - apparently I only paid for some snacks and then left. Its also for a very odd amount 23 - I did check my account and I was charged 1.50 for snacks. I obviously had every intention of paying and for some reason either the transaction didn't go through.    I am kind of fuming about this as I had no idea and if I did not pay I have no idea what the circumstances were , but not a 'drive off' as described by Forecourt Eye. I have no issue paying for the petrol if the payment for whatever reason did not go through. In fact we visited the garage on advice of a friend who has a legal background and offered to pay, the lady behind the till called the manager and we spoke to her on the phone where she robotically said its 'the way it is now and it goes to Forecourt Eye' I then said I am contractually obliged to pay you, not Forecourt Eye.  We are visiting the garage again when the manager is there and will offer to pay again.  Interestingly when we called in the lady behind the till asked if I had called the garage the day before about the matter- I said no that was not me, so somebody else clearly  has had the same issue, I can't see drive off's being that common in any petrol station! So I know I am not the only one.    I know calling Forecourt Eye is not advised, I visited a shell garage yesterday ( really not wanting to ) made sure I had chip and pin and made sure I knew exactly what was being entered into the machine. They now have their threatening posters all over the pumps, basically making them or the garage responsible for any mistake...
    • Today is the last chance for those aged between 20 and 25 to nab themselves a free four-year railcard by opening an account with Santander.View the full article
    • The address is only a paper address with no actual manned staff address. Police have rang me this morning and taken some more information including the details of the driver who they say they will contact and interview.  They are also putting in a formal request to Shiply to get the couriers driving license and biometric information held on file. IF anyone else has been in the same position with this particular courier, please please let me know and we can perhaps go down the strength in numbers route xx
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

Claimform - old Co-Op Cash Minder Account 'debt/'Lowell/BC***Struck Out***

nefikan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3344 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have found out however that the overdraft is made up of several small transactions, all to the same PDL company.

In other words, once the initial payment was made which took the account over drawn,

Co-op continued to authorise payments to the same company (some of them were just for £10)

even though the account was already overdrawn.

When I held that card, I couldn't even make a payment for £1 without it being authorised by the bank.

Indeed, I could never use any pay at pump machines at petrol stations for the same reason, the exact amount had to be authorised.

How could they continue to make payments from my account when it was overdrawn?

continuous payment authority

you gave the PDL company your card number I bet.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

dx

Earlier on this thread you stated...

"if there was any credit even if by 1p it would have been honoured"

Here, when the first transaction was honoured there was more than 1p in, and the payment of £15 was honoured. At which point the account was then £14.21 overdrawn.

However even after this payments continued:

£28.60

£23.40

£92.00

£25.80

£3.00

£73.10

£3.00

£67.10

This means they carried on hounouring payments even after it was already over drawn.

The amounts are strange though - maybe the PDL has some automated system that keeps trying various amounts until they manage to get authorisation. Maybe authorisation systems were down?

This was a Visa Electron card though and all transactions needed to be authorised.

I need to submit documents today as it's the deadline. If I have no defence and no chance then please, tell me that and I'll make an offer of payment to try and stop this going to court as I really don't want a CCJ.

If I do go to court, are the claimant solicitors likely to make the 250 mile journey to my local court?

I've managed to answer the second question, the claimant has stated in their witness statement they will not be attending.

They have also not mentioned continuous payment authority in their statement at all.

• 2 weeks later...

For anyone that is interested, I attended court yesterday and the claim was struck out.

This was based on lack of evidence and the fact that the claimant (Lowell) hadn't (couldn't) produce a copy of any credit agreement which they won't be able to do as it's a basic bank account.

The judge said it will probably be the end of the matter, fingers crossed.

Very good. Did you ask for any travel costs? You could have done.

I wasn't asked if I wanted to make a counter claim. To be fair it was in my local court so only 2 miles from home.

I was more miffed about having to take a day off work!

You could have asked the judge for a payment for a day off work. A shame you didn't.

Excellent another Lowell claim hits the deck

Well done nefikan ...thread title amended to reflect the outcome.

Regards

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread