• Tweets

• I will try again...................... Even at my age there is quite clearly a PCN envelope by the windscreen wipers on your car on some of the photos.  But as I said in the IPC letter, that is not the dispute. The dispute is that CPM sent you the second PCN on the 28 th day of the issue date of the first PCN. It should not have been sent until the day AFTER the original PCN was issued. Therefore they broke the Act, they breached the IPC Code of Conduct and their agreement with the DVLA. It is something that the IPC cannot ignore since to do so will bring the ICO down on them and the DVLA should ban CPM from getting data from them once they know if the ICO do nothing. The minimum I expect is that your PCN will be cancelled. But it is up to you. I have given you the details, you have copies of both PCNs sent to you on the sar  with all  the relevant dates. 
    • Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card   An HM Armed Forces Veteran Card is a way to prove that you served in the UK armed forces. The card can make it quicker and easier to apply for support as a veteran. It’s free to apply. You can currently only apply for a Veteran Card if you have a UK address. Veterans who do not have a UK address will be able to apply later this year. READ MORE HERE: Apply for an HM Armed Forces Veteran Card - GOV.UK WWW.GOV.UK Apply for an armed forces veteran card to prove that you served in the UK armed forces.
    • The Private Parking Code of Parking has been postponed as the poor dears are frightened that thew will all go out of business once it becomes Law. We all wish but nothing could be further from the truth so doubtless most of them will have to change their ways if they don't want to be removed as approved parking companies. Thank you for still retaining and producing the original PCN which, no surprise, fails to comply with the Protection of Freedoms Act 2012 Schedule 4. [It even states the vehicle "breeched" the terms  when it was the driver that allegedly breached the terms}. It fails to specify the Parking Period and whilst it does show the arrival and departure ANPR times on the photographs [that I cannot read] they do not include how long you actually parked nor was it specified on the Notice  [photos don't count]. So that means that you spent even less time parked though it would help had you not blocked out the dates and times, so good if you could please include them on your next  post. Pofa  asks the driver to pay the charge S( [2][b] which your PCN doesn't though they do ask the keeper to pay.and they have missed out theses words in parentheses S9[2][f] ii)  (ii)the creditor does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver, the creditor will (if all the applicable conditions under this Schedule are met) have the right to recover from the keeper so much of that amount as remains unpaid; All of those errors mean that the cannot transfer the charge from the driver to the keeper. Only the driver is now responsible . What a rubbish Claim Form -doesn't even give the date of the event which it should.  
    • it doesn't matter what you are being charged or if you missed the discount period. you ain't paying anyway..... if this ever gets before a judge. then the ins and out of POFA2012 or any IPC/BPA guidelines might come into play. until then i go get on with your life. you are spending far too much time on a speculative invoice scan scheme  its almost as if you believe these are fines and enforceable in a criminal court and you could have bailiffs at your door any minute.    
    • Debt Respite Scheme (Breathing Space) guidance - GOV.UK (www.gov.uk) but dont get scammed into a DMP. simply tell whomever you call to simply apply for the BS for you.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Stopping Payments to Stepchange and going it "alone"

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3417 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

was an arrangement/variation in place prior/in time before poss recording of a default? if so, it may not get defaulted, unless the arrangement is subsequently defaulted. according to that ico guide.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

PLEASE could someone advise whether I can get an 'arrangement to pay' changed to a default and backdated??

In an attempt to get our lives back on track,

we went through a debt management company 6 years ago.

We have paid back thousands over the years and I was thrilled to see the defaults are now no longer reported on - hooray!!

But! There are 6 other a/cs which are still as AR or DM on our credit files.

Given that it will take us probably another 10 years to clear these debts,

then another 6 for them to be reported on,

we'll be approaching retirement before we can begin our lives. I

don't understand why the accounts weren't defaulted in the first place

- which seems a much better option if the DF effectively disappears!

I did at one stage send recorded letters asking for proof of my signature to all the companies to try and get the debts written off, but got nowhere.

I haven't signed anything with all these debt collection agencies, some of them send me arrears notices.

I suddenly got some hope back when I realised things seemed to be changing 6 years on,

but it's not. I am desperate and don't know what to do.

Surely they should have defaulted me????

- BlondieGirl

Why are you paying a DCA? Have you CCA'd them and checked if the debt is legit and enforceable? Any penalty charges you can reclaim?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

We went through the CCCS/StepChange over 6 years ago out of sheer desperation

and they seemed to give 'good' advice,

sorted out a paymenct we could afford etc etc.

What they didn't ever advise on was how this would affect our credit rating FOREVER!

I did send lots of letters a couple of years ago to see if the debts were unenforceable but go nowhere.

I could CCA them again, but I fear the same response.

I don't know about penalty charges.

I know we had fee after fee added

I just don't understand why I'm being punished for doing the right thing.

I wish they'd all defaulted us and I don't understand why

- surely we did default??

Thanks for your reply :-)

I don't remember exactly where we were, but it was all pretty much the same with all the accounts

I remember getting default notices from Halifax only.

Interestingly, of 3 MBNA credit card accounts, 1 is no longer being reported on.

- BlondieGirl

I did send lots of letters a couple of years ago to see if the debts were unenforceable but go nowhere. I could CCA them again, but I fear the same response.

so what responses did you receive to your cca requests?

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

I didn't get anywhere.

I had a couple of photocopies with my signatures on which i think was think was the Halifax,

who then defaulted me (which has now gone from my credit file).

I remember at the time thinking it was a waste of time;

maybe some letters telling me I was liable etc etc.

I chucked the whole lot out a year or so ago.

I am so angry at the CCCS/Stepchange

- BlondieGirl

it would be helpful if you listed each account, start date, current status, and who now owns each account

Any help I am able to give is from my own experience only. Should you have any doubt you should contact a qualified professional.

Ah OK, I will do. I do remember reading that there's no point in doing the CCA on a debt that I've been paying for years. I can hardly dispute it, can I?

you certainly should

But I was advised by someone on here that no judge would rule an account unenforceable when I've been paying it for years. Also, with the fees that the credit card companies added, they are over 6 years old so I didn't think we could claim them. So I don't know what to do. I can't get an AP taken off my credit file. So what's the point? :-(

- BlondieGirl

threads merged.

the AP 'marker does not actually appear in the debt summary line

which is sometimes

the only part used by future creditors.

the bottom line here is you fell into the usually trap

you started to pay your debts off too quickly

a defaulted debt drops off the file paid or not

when the default reaches 6yrs.

doesn't make the debt not payable mind!

lets see you list please and which ones are marked AP

old thread merged as well

why did you not sort this 2yrs ago

you could of done it then!!

but the ICO have changed their guidelines

you don't stand much of a chance now

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I know I have to keep paying, which is fine, by the defaulted accounts no longer show which is great. But not great with 6 AP which I had no idea would be so bad.

great

the AP 'marker does not actually appear in the debt summary line

which is sometimes

the only part used by future creditors.

the bottom line here is you fell into the usually trap

you started to pay your debts off too quickly

a defaulted debt drops off the file paid or not

when the default reaches 6yrs.

doesn't make the debt not payable mind!

lets see you list please and which ones are marked AP

dx

Thanks for the 'help'. I couldn't do it 2 years ago because I'd just had a baby. We were/are broke and it was all too much.

I was desperately trying to get the CCAs sorted and couldn't. I now feel completely hopeless for your 'you don't stand a chance'. Thanks

why did you not sort this 2yrs ago

you could of done it then!!

but the ICO have changed their guidelines

you don't stand much of a chance now

So I have no hope of changing APs or DMs on my credit file?

I may as well just stop paying now and get defaulted which would be a quicker way (another 6 years +)

of getting my credit file back on track.

So I can't send a letter asking them to remove it because it's unfair and disadvantages me??

So nothing will change?

I don't see what I can do then.

- BlondieGirl

no sadly neither do I.

I would suspect that the original creditors were the ones that owned the debts

when you started with CCCS?

you could try a pleading letter to each OC asking them to kindly retro place a default on the account as

you think it is unfair you are being disadvantaged compared to the 'no pays'

might work?

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Yes,

the original creditors were owned the debt at the time we went through the 'wonderful' CCCS.

The debts have since passed through numerous DCAs

I don't really know who owns them now.

Are there any reputable financial solicitor type firms who can advise on individual circumstances does anyone know?

I can't stay in this mess until retirement having put life on hold since my 30's.

I read lots of success stories and I would like to be one!

All I've done is followed advice from the CCCS who have in fact made things worse!!

- BlondieGirl

the problem with ANY DMP company charity or fee paying is

THey NEVER check the enforceability of a debt

they just take it 'on spec'

that you actually owe the money.

this is where HDL come into their own

as at least they do suggest a few CCA requests!.

if this were ME.

I'd stop paying the lot

await the forest to come through your door.

then start a thread for each one and we'll deal with them on an individual basis.

and they

I find that a bit scary!

I can't see the wood from the trees ha ha.

We can't move,

we can't even rent elsewhere and get a buy-to-let on our house to rent out now.

I just want to be able to repair our credit file which I can't see happening.

What are the repercussions of suddenly stopping paying these DCAs??

What can they do?

How would that help me?

- BlondieGirl

Most dcas cant do anything. Thats why you need the full facts of each account. Then you can make your next move.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

You cca the dca and sar the oc.

an sar to to the original creditor

a CCA request to every one you are paying a debt too.

where are you getting this charging order worry from?

gotta admit it almost sounds like you've been talking to all these people on the phone?

dx

and they

A cca is a request to see if they hold the required paperwork needed to collect a debt. Almost all dcas do not hold it which is why they say they are referring back to the oc.

I haven't spoken to anyone.

I was advised on here that no judge would consider a debt unenforceable that I've been paying off for over 6 years.

I have requested all the CCAs and got some signatures, and some blank forms stating that this is all they're obliged to provide.

So trying to get a debt unenforceable now doesn't seem likely.

And I'm assuming that if I stop paying the CCCS and no longer make any payments,

the DCAs in are going to come after me, and at some point demand money

- the only 'money' we have is the equity in the house

- couldn't they try and get this? :-)

thanks

- BlondieGirl

That advice is flawed. Get cca requests off to everyone wbo is chasing you. Keep paying for now until they fail to respond d within the proper time frame.

I have a feeling you are being cash cowed here