Old First Direct bank account moved to MCS, now back to HSBC Repayment Services

BlueEarner
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3411 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

In brief...

I had a First Direct a/c from years back.

Reclaimed £100s on O/D and bank charges about 7 years ago.

The amount that is overdrawn is exactly what I owe, no other charges like PPI.

The account has been on a DMP for some years. Now I'm going it alone.

It had been moved to MCS, and payments made through DMP until 3 months ago.

Now they wrote to me and said the account has been passed from MCS back to "HSBC Repayment Services"

My thoughts on action are this:

--- No point in CCA (bank account), and still with original creditor (HSBC=First Direct, right?)

--- No charges to claim back,

I've already done that some time ago.

There is interest accumulating - not every creditor has to freeze the amount owed as far as I know.

the interest is only pennies really, as the overall debt is around £400

--- So make a full and final settlement offer? Threads I've read here suggest start neg at 15% of total debt

Last I heard from MCS was that they offered *me* a settlement figure in March 2014 of a 15% *reduction*, i.e to pay 85% of the amount owed....

any advice on this?

Shall I go for an adapted letter from the template area on this site and neg with HSBC?

Thanks in advance

• 4 weeks later...

Hi and happy new year all.

Before I got round to writing a reply, HSBC have written to me upping their offer from MCS, to a 30% discount full and final settlement. They state that if I pay this, the account will be closed and they will not pursue anymore/I wont be liable....but they will record the debt with the CRA as 'partially settled'.

Is this a good deal in your experience, or should I push for better?

Also offered me a few years ago, but the offer was for me to give them an offer to clear a CCJ with them, but as usual no response. and no more offers since, would not trust them with a toilet brush, the CCJ was obtained by lies and deceit only found out when SAR received after court case and SAR late in producing and of course crooked DJ who has in another case ignored regulation and really has not a clue of legislation.

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Also offered me a few years ago, but the offer was for me to give them an offer to clear a CCJ with them, but as usual no response. and no more offers since, would not trust them with a toilet brush, the CCJ was obtained by lies and deceit only found out when SAR received after court case and SAR late in producing and of course crooked DJ who has in another case ignored regulation and really has not a clue of legislation.

So did you end up paying them a figure, Mike, or did you just leave it?

I'm just wondering whether to play a waiting game or just finish it off....

left it , never heard from them again. was trying to get regulators to investigate them but they ignored evidence produced, it included So called Solicitors regulators and law society who only pass you back to others who pass the buck back, an excuse in cases was I did not engage the solicitors I am complaining about i..e. so called DG Solicitors HSBC own crooks.

still pay the CCJ installment, but will continue efforts to get proper justice. intervention by ICO produced the SAR which arrived in two bundles one with needed evidence too late, after the set aside hearing (Lost)

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad: