council stole vehicle

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3462 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Does not matter about other cars.

You can only appeal on the facts in YOUR case.

Car was on a road as you admitted. You have admitted it was SORN

Thus they had the right to TOW your vehicle.

What is the grounds for appeal in relation to your car. Remember, other peoples law breaking is not a defense for your situation

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK so

Car was removed. Im assuming it was removed by the council as private clamping and removals on private property is now banned.

Therefore if it was on private land they would not be involved.

SO car was parked on "Public Land" untaxed and uninsured and without a valid Permit for a residents bay.

This scenario doesn't add up in my eyes and even if it did, I still see no reasonable grounds for appeal

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I thought the forum was to help people?

yes this is a forum to help people.

it would be unhelpful to offer advice which we know to be bad.

If someones case appears helpless what would be gained by sending them on wild goose chases that end up costing them more?

Other self help sites might promote that but this site tends to be more realistic.

• Haha 1

You do not brake down and then SORN. In an appeal they would look at how long the sorn has been in place and ask why was it not recovered?

The other implication is that it broke down WHILST sorned which again is another contravention unless on its way to and from a booked appointment However that may still not be a defense. I think thats MOT only.

And Whilst initially it would have been a parking issue, the sorn and lack of tax means that if he did kick up a stink he would most definatly be facing those charges as the LA would inform the DVLA

Part of being helpfull is avoiding giving info to a member that would for whatever reason land them in bigger trouble.

"Sure fight the pcn heres how" which then leads to further prosecutions would not be very helpful now would it

Good luck with your court case :) Please let us know which court and what dates you get, Id love to be a fly on the wall :p

Exactly what I was thinking. Especially when we were called "Agents for the police and dvla"

Tezza, whilst I would not call them **** (I saw the uncenrosed word) I would instead replace with Misguided, Gullable and a whole host of other non offensive terms :p

In my view there need to be some mitigating circumstances as to why the car was where it was. There could be - I don't know what caused it to be there, and the OP so far hasn't explained. Also he mentioned earlier about what he calls virtual permits - I don't know what that means, but clarification would be good.

He said it "Broke down" which is why it was there.

Also Im guessing that any resident permit scheme will have terms and conditions attached. Some of which may include the fact the car has to be registered to the property the permit is issued to.

So OP, how long was your car parked in this bay?