Cabot/? Claimform - 2004 Marbles Card 'debt'***Claim Struck Out***

sasher01
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3271 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

None compliance with court directions can either be a or else order giving them a further 7 days or even a strike out of the claim....varies.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This morning,

the wife receives a letter from Scrabrats solicitor offering a 50% discount as full and final settlement.

In their words, " This will enable you bring this matter to a conclusion without the need for a County Court Judgment."

Considering they haven't sent one single piece of relevant paperwork regarding this case I'm really chuckling at their assumption of getting a CCJ!!

Stinks of desperation on their part I think?

• 2 weeks later...

This morning my wife received an email from the Court stating:

The following order has been made and sent to the parties.

The system is prompted to refer the matter back to a Judge once the deadline date has passed

. If you could email to state receipt or otherwise in the meantime that would be useful.

Pursuant to order dated 4th March 2015

IT IS ORDERED THAT

1. Unless the Claimant do file and serve on the other party written statements ordered by the Court

dated 10th March 2015 within 7 days of servicve of this order

the Claimants claim will be struck out without further order of the Court

and the Small Claim hearing listed for 10th June 2015 will be vacated.

2. The Court has made this order on its own initiative pursuant to Rule 3.3 of the Civil Procedure Rules 1998.

Any party affected by this order has a right to apply to set it aside, vary or stay it,

by application made not more than 7 days after this order was served on the party making the application.

Dated 27 April 2015

So, is it looking good for her and does she have to do anything as she has complied?

7 days then sasher from the date of your order....ring the court on that date (if no response ) and check to see if its been struck out.

Regards

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Andy,

Correct me if I'm wrong please. The order dated 27th April, I make 7 days yesterday taking into account the Bank Holiday. Nothing received in post yesterday or today, should she ring the Court today?

She phoned the Court and explained that nothing had been received since the order was issued and they told her it would now be referred back to the Judge and she will hear from the Court again.

Now the waiting continues.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, finally the update we've been waiting to put up.

After chasing the Court we finally received a letter this morning stating that Scabrat's claim has been struck out.

Not only did they never send the wife any evidence of the debt, they never sent anything to the Court either.

The order does give the option to have the order set aside, varied or stayed so long as they fork out more money within 7 days from the 27th May.

Not a clue what any of that means??

I'd like to express our thanks to andyorch who has helped, advised and assisted throughout and in view of what a great site this is, we will be making a donation.

Many thanks

Andy.

hey great news

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thats great news.

The order does give the option to have the order set aside, varied or stayed so long as they fork out more money within 7 days from the 27th May.

I think that means that Scabrats have to pay more if they decide to contest (set aside) the court order, or seek to change the order (varied), or to ask for more time (stayed) to send documents. All unlikely I hope.

Well Done.

t

Well done Sasher......

I will amend your thread title to reflect the outcome...I cant see them making application to set a side.

Regards

Andy