Mupster v NatWest

Mupster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6280 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

lol deller u just beat me to it...

Mupster, if you get an offer somewhere down the line some do some dont, you can accept as part payment only (rejection letter is in template) you could request payment there by cheque (am i right in this deller)

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you can do that Tracey. ;)

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

Thanks Deller (and Dan) - you are indeed a 'star'!

I will send the letter today.

Re the part settlement offer - I already sent that back. Would I be able to add a bit onto the letter stating that I would like to be settled by cheque do you think?

;) Mupster

You will more than likely receive another offer yet, so you can add this to your future response.

deller is a gaurdian angel...im just a wee grasshopper...lol

Tracey

I'll have you groomed in no time Tracey....;)

Oh, no, NatWest have filed for defence:

Defence

You are unable to take any further action online on this claim.

The Defendant disputes the whole amount you have claimed. Your claim cannot proceed online and will be transferred to the appropriate court for continuation. You will receive confirmation to where the claim has been transferred to shortly.

I will need to check on the FAQ's to see what to do next re allocation forms etc. It all looks a bit complicated now. From what I have read on other threads they usually make you an offer at the last minute so I guess they just don't like me :evil:

So now I wait for the N129 to drop through the letterbox and send it off (I found the step-by-step instructions on this so it looks straightforward) with ANOTHER £100 fee.

Anyone got this far then had success????? I'm really not feeling very optimistic now about this.

;) Mupster

Don't lose all the confidence you've built up in getting yourself this far, this is totally normal in the way your claim is panning out.

In the next day or so you'll receive a copy of their defence along with the 'Notice of Transfer of Proceedings', you may also get the cpr18 request - although not every claim goes down this route, mine didn't. Then the AQ will come, and yes I'm afraid you'll have to cough up a further 100 quid (reclaimable).

In general, most claims with Nat West do go this far so don't be alarmed that yours has too. My claim was settled 15 days after the AQ deadline, and Cobbetts even had their defence struck out, so my feeling is your pretty close to getting yours.

Have another read through some of the recent successes and you'll see that your claim is taking a pretty similar route to most others.

Don't worry I was exactly the same with my claim, sometimes you just need someone else to tell you you're on the right track.......even though you already know it yourself!! ;)

Deller you have really blossomed since your early posts on your thread - you were in a panic most of the time just like me - now you are a great source of guidance to us lot still going through the process!

Thanks for all your encouragement - I am off to click your scales!!!

;) Mupster

Deller you have really blossomed since your early posts on your thread - you were in a panic most of the time just like me - now you are a great source of guidance to us lot still going through the process!

And once your claim has settled you too will be the same!!!

Oh, apparently I have to spread it around a bit first

It's the thought that counts!! :D

Another update!

AQ received this morning, filled in thanks to the step-by-step instructions on this site - can I send Ed's CPR letter to the court at the same time?

If it wasn't for the help on this site I would have given up a long time ago!!!!

;) Mupster

Hi Mupster just got your pm so thought I better come over and have a look. All you need to do is reply with this letter.

Dear Sir or Madam:

Claim No:

I Acknowledge the receipt of the defence posted on behalf of National Westminster Bank plc.

I am not prepared at this stage to answer the CPR Part 18 Request. I anticipate that the claim will be allocated to the small claims track and would not then expect to have to deal with a Part 18 request since these are specifically excluded under Part 27 unless the court specifically orders me to do so of its own initiative

Furthermore I consider that the CPR part 18 request is intimidatory and I intend to bring the intimidation to the notice of the court. However, for clarity, I confirm the charges I am claiming were applied to the following account:

Account Name:

Account number:

Sort Code:

Please also find enclosed a breakdown of all charges I am claiming.

Yours Faithfully

Keep a copy and you will be able to send to the court if required.

Have a read through the cpr18 request sticky thread.

Glad to be of help, let me know if you get any more problems and I'll do my best to help you through!!

Still EAGERLY awaiting the next installment......well, ok, maybe I'm getting a little impatient now but I've had nothing more from Cobblers and I haven't hear back from the court yet re the AQ. Do you chase them or leave them to it?? Might be tempted to give the court a little ring just to see......I mean GOSH it's been a whole WEEK now ;)

;) Mupster

The court have advised me that the AQ's are due in on the 23rd January (I thought you had to return them within 7 days?) so they will be passed to the judge then.

Was that tumbleweed I just saw? What was that - patience is a virtue? I'm not feeling very virtuous at the moment. I think I have been spoilt by my Halifax claim being settled so quickly.

;) Mupster