Mupster v NatWest

Mupster
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6258 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Letter received today dated 7/11/06 from NatWest - text as follows:

Dear xxx

Thank you for your letter of 1st Nov.

Unfortunately, I am unable to contact you personally as I have no current telephone number for you. I also note that the address you use in your letter differs from the one we have in our records.

To enable me to move your case forward, can I ask that you call at your local branch, with photo identification, to update our records.

I will monitor the situation from this office and will write again when the address change has been actioned.

Yours sincerely

Manager

Firstly, I smell a delaying tactic here.....as well as something that comes out of a bulls backside :D!

Secondly, they didn't mention any of this when I sent them my SAR - they just sent my request on to Joyce Tudor and my statements arrived in the compulsory tatty brown envelope with no problems.

Thirdly, I have this morning telephoned NatWest and spoken to the Lending Dept (who are looking after my account - I only have a loan with them now) and they ID'd me over the phone and updated my address. (By the way, they do know that I moved 2 years ago!)

Sooooooooo - what now?????:confused:

Should I write to branch Manager advising that my records are up to date and I stick by my deadline in the Prelim letter?

Any comments/advice would be welcomed. I don't want to mess this up!!!

Do you think this is a delaying tactic???????

Thanks guys!

;) Mupster

Update -

Have faxed letter to Ms NatWest Manager advising that I have confirmed my address details with the Lending Dept which should enable her to move my case forward.

I will be sticking to my deadline as per Prelim letter.

;) Mupster

Letter rec'd from my branch acknowledging updated address and saying that my query has been forwarded to Head Office.

2 things please -

1. Do I send my LBA (this Friday) to my branch or Head Office?

2. If Head Office, is that Bishopsgate?

Thanks!

;) Mupster

Makes no differance... same outfit. But send it registered post, then you lnow they have received and the countdown begins.

Good luck

My advice has hardly any legal foundation whatsoever, however you never know it it might just work!

:cool:

NatWest Prelim 07.10.206

LBA 21.10.2006

MCOL 30.10.2006

Acknowledgment of Service 06.11.2006

Offer of approx 50% £2200.00 22.11.2006

Full settlement £4500 received 03.01.2007

Smile settled in full

Barclaycard settled in full

RBS Worldwide settled in full

Lloyds TSB settled in full £750.00

Lloyds TSB settled in Full £275.00 11.04.2007

Lloyds TSB business account £1376.00 AQ filed

Lloyds TSB Business account settled in full 21.05.07

Thanks ataction!

Ooh, another (standard by the looks of letters posted on other threads) letter waiting for me when I got home tonight (from Branch) - offering a refund (less than 50% of my total claim) on the condition that it is in full and final settlement of my claim.

Now, I've read the FAQ's and the templates and have found the letter to accept their offer as a partial settlement only etc etc but I have 3 questions before I proceed if somebody would please advise:

1. Do I sign and send a copy of their offer letter back with my letter - or will they take this as full and final settlement, maybe saying they never received my letter accepting offer as partial settlement only;

2. I'm due to send LBA letter this Friday (17th) - do I still do this on Friday or give them a bit longer;

3. Will my eventual settlement be by cheque or can they just credit it off my loan with them?

Thanks guys...:confused:

;) Mupster

Guest Mumofthreeboys

1. I would send your letter and not sign theirs.

2. Still send the LBA.

3. You can ask for a cheque, but not too sure on this one.

Please can anyone help?????????????????? I'm all confused re deadlines!!!!

I've just received a letter from the great Stuart Higley with a higher offer but still not a full settlement. I will be sending another letter accepting as partial settlement only and still pursuing full amount etc etc BUT my LBA deadline is 1st December...do I therefore have to give another 14 days from this letter I'm about to send or do I go ahead with a court claim after 1st if full settlement not received?

On the FAQ's step-by-step instructions (no.5) it doesn't say anything about this but the letter I'll be sending says 'if full settlement not rceived within 14 days I shall be pursuing this through court action.'

;) Mupster

You are correct in thinking you should proceed with court action as of the 1st Dec, the LBA clearly stated that they have 14 days to respond and once the deadline was up then you'd be starting a claim against them. Although they have replied, it is not in the way required, and not offering you full settlement.

Decline their offer with the letter in the link below, this letter does not offer any further 14 day period, it just reiterates the fact they had 14 days from the date of the LBA. The letter does not effect any dates, it is simply a response to their offer, stick to the timescale and proceed with your claim.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/25716-rejection-settlement-offer.html

• Haha 1

IF MY COMMENTS HAVE HELPED PLEASE CLICK MY SCALES

Don't be like the banks - give a little back

:D NAT WEST - WON - £4282.36:D

No problem Mupster, I've had to ask lots of questions myself during my claim. No case is the same and it certainly does make the process a little easier with everyone on this site sharing their experiences!

:-o help!!

I've just registered with MoneyClaim Online and I didn't realise I would need the date I opened my accounts. How crucial is this to the claim?? I have 2 accounts I am claiming for, one of them I have had for 25 years and remember the month and year I opened it but I haven't a clue about my 2nd account which I opened much later. I called NatWest 0875........ but they said they don't have that kind of information and I should go into my branch and ask them. I really don't want to do this as I'm sure there are 'Wanted' posters of me plastered all over their walls! Seriously, I can't take time off work to go to my branch which is now 35 miles away (I moved, not them lol).

Does anyone know if it will affect my claim if I leave the 2nd account opened date blank or take a wild guess? (It would be extremely wild and possibly 5 years out either way).

Thanks in anticpation of some good honest advice!

;) Mupster

That it total rubbish, i had to ring and find this out and she told me within a matter of seconds the exact date i opened my account from 19 years ago. Ring again and ask why they can't tell you but they can tell others.

Not sure how cruicial it is but i think it needs to be on there...

Ex CAG helper ^_^

OK, I finally got my answer yesterday - I had to ask to be transferred to the 'Closed Accounts Team' and they very helpfully gave me the exact date I opened my 2nd account (what, no time as well lol?) I'm glad I waited as I would have been about 4 years out if I'd guessed!

Did MCOL last night, I think I've done it right (with a little help) but now I'm facing the scary bit with AQ's and CPR18's and all that. Also, I was wondering this: if they settle before going to court do you lose the £120 MCOL fee? Can't seem to see it on any other threads but I've been looking for so long my eyes are crossing lol.

Thanks for everybody's help. Hopefully one day I will join the growing list of successful claimants :)

;) Mupster

Guest Mumofthreeboys

There are links and help on filling out the AQ and sending a CPR Part 18 letter.

Yes, you can still claim your courts costs.

• 2 weeks later...

Well, I did it!!!!!!!!!!!

I filed my claim online and it was deemed served on 10th December.

I received a letter from the court today with a photocopy of NatWest's acknowledgement of the claim and they have indicated they intend to defend the claim in full.

The 33 days is up on 7th January so WATCH THIS SPACE :p

;) Mupster

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all,

Please can anyone answer these 2 questions?

1. I filed my claim online, when do I have to send a copy of the charges spreadsheet to the actual court?

2. I don't want NatWest to credit my account with the refund - I no longer use it - nor do I want them to pay it off my loan - how and when do I request a cheque for the settlement made payable to myself?

Thanks in anticipation!! :confused:

;) Mupster

You can go ahead and send your schedule to the court now, use this cover letter:-

(YOUR ADDRESS)

The Court Manager

Money Claim Online

Northampton County Court

21-27 St Katherine’s Street

Northampton

NN1 2LH

(DATE)

Dear Sir/Madam

(YOU) –v- (BANK)

Claim No: ********

I have today requested the issue of a County Court claim via the Moneyclaim online service, details as above.

Please find enclosed a schedule of the money taken from me by the defendant bank by way of charges, along with interest claimed at the annual rate of 8% pursuant to section 69 of the County Court Act. The interest in addition to the amount in charges equates to the total amount of my claim, namely £(AMOUNT).

I respectfully request that the enclosed schedule should be attached with the particulars of my claim.

Yours Faithfully

(YOU)