UKPC Alleged Contravention 50 miles away.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3527 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Are UKPC Shysters or not?

Just checking at my 17yo son got a letter supposedly in a Macdonalds 50 miles away. My husband did write and ask for photographic proof and they hadn't got it. They've now sent another and hubby's told him to just ignore them. We already had the ones at aldi/lido which is when I first joined this forum and that was a 'file in the bin' job but I'm unsure

Gena x

Edited by GenaLyn

Gena

Living off the cash in my purse and nothing else :crutch:

Are UKPC Shysters then? Just checking at my 17yo son got a letter supposedly in a Macdonalds 50 miles away. My husband did write and ask for photographic proof and they hadn't got it. They've now sent another and he's told him to just ignore them. We already had the ones at aldi/lido which is when I first joined this forum.

I've no idea how my son supposedly got 50 miles away on a 30mph top speed scooter, says he hasn't but how are they getting details?

Can anyone get details of someone else from DVLA? If so, I fear for the future.

Gena x

In my humble opinion, 99% of them are shysters yes. There must (on the balance of probability) be one or two good ones but equally, they must be national hide & seek champions, because no one has found them yet :D

If your Son was never there, you'll probably find that they've incorrectly written down, misread the ANPR, or incorrectly typed it into their computer link to DVLA. It's come back with a "hit" and therefore your Son's name has come out of the DVLA's hat.

Are the details of the vehicle on the letter absolutely correct?

As for anyone getting details from the DVLA. The answer is, I'm afraid, yes! Anyone can get them with a valid reason. The DVLA just makes it easier for PPC's as it's all done electronically.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

I don't know if he was there (teenagers eh!) they can't provide a photo so I'm believing in not. Just fretting as letter #2 came today. They told my husband on the phone that a sticker was placed on the vehicle. It wasn't.

Edited by GenaLyn

Gena

I don't know if he was there (teenagers eh!) they can't provide a photo so I'm believing in not. Just fretting as letter #2 came today.

Write back to them putting them to strict proof that he was there, and telling them that if they write to you again without enclosing such proof as they have, unless it's a letter saying no further action, then you shall consider it to be harassment and reserve the right to take action against them for same.

Please note that my posts are my opinion only and should not be taken as any kind of legal advice.
In fact, they're probably just waffling and can be quite safely and completely ignored as you wish.

Are UKPC Shysters or not?

Just checking at my 17yo son got a letter supposedly in a Macdonalds 50 miles away. My husband did write and ask for photographic proof and they hadn't got it. They've now sent another and hubby's told him to just ignore them. We already had the ones at aldi/lido which is when I first joined this forum and that was a 'file in the bin' job but I'm unsure

Gena x

You should start a new thread for your own situation and advice...

Thankyou so very much, son still says he's never been to Lincoln. This latest letter says settle now for £125. The BPA logo is copied onto the page rather than printed paper and the Visa card logos and others are stretched and strange too.

Gena

Thankyou so very much, son still says he's never been to Lincoln. This latest letter says settle now for £125. The BPA logo is copied onto the page rather than printed paper and the Visa card logos and others are stretched and strange too.

Well, I'll settle for £100, so save yourself £25, pay me and we'll call it quits :)

No? I thought not. But I've got just as much right to ask as they do.

Forget phoning them, that's usually just a waste of your own time as you'll never get anything like a straight answer out of them. Write to them along the lines of what I've suggested and forget about it. You'll probably get a few more begging letters, and they may pass the case on to their pet debt collectors (read tea boy) to write to you some more. But without any proof, they'd be foolish to go anywhere near a county court. And if they did, it'd be extremely simple to beat them.

You could also have a wee bit of fun with them and just ask them to supply you with a POPLA code. If they're daft enough to issue you with one instead of just dropping it, it'll cost them £27, and they will lose.

UKPC are rubbish at getting things right so it is generally safe to ignore them. However, you have only given us part of the story so tell us what date this supposedly ocurred, when did your son get the first letter and when did you respond. For any parking co to stand a chance of getting nay money they must follow procedures in fixed timelines and UKPC generally cant manage that, hence giving things to debt collectors rather than seriously chasing people themselves.

Give us the gates and we'll tell you what to do next.

How long has your son had the car. Some of these companies are definitely are not using the DVLA and are using a database of car purchasers so it could be a previous owner. Have personal experience of this as they (MET and a couple of others) have sent me their spurious invoices for a car we brought one of our offspring that has never been registered to me. Have tried to get them to take me to court for not paying the invoices but they have refused to co-operate on this every time. They have also been reported to the IC