LLOyds/TSB PPI REclaim

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3418 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

why don't you scan the letter up?

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAGi

IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures please put these into a WORD DOC first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information

before converting to PDF.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all

Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

By way of update

2 days after receiving my decision letter

I received a cheque covering the 2 loans that they upheld and the one they partly upheld.

The letter says payment within 28 days and obviously I have not had the chance to deal with a letter of appeal

for the partially upheld and the rejected claim.

I have had a chance to read the decision letter now in detail and I am most certainly not happy with the reasons for the decision.

on both the above loans they have confirmed in their decision

1 I was not asked if the PPi policy was suitable for me

2 I was not advised of the main features exclusions or limitations of the policy

3. I was not advised about the total cost of the policy separately

for the partly upheld loan they also confirmed

1 I was not asked for information about what I wanted or needed from a PPI policy

2 I did not give explicit consent for taking out the PPI

They then go on to state that the reason my clam was declined/partly upheld

was because at the time they believe I would have given verbal agreement

and in any event if the above information WAS given to me

I would have taken out the PPI and also the believed I was eligible for the policy oh and that I could afford it!!!

forgive me if I am being really stupid

but is it not up to me to decide if I want PPI not the bank?

I did not even know I had PPI on any of these loans.

I clearly put in my claim form that I was paid significant sickness benefits not to warrant PPI

yet they have also put in their decision that I had no savings or employee benefits.

Even if I didnt am I still right in thinking that I did not have to take PPI.

I am going to draft a reply to them so any help/advise would be much welcomed.

quite correct too.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi again guys. Well I have finally got round to drafting my appeal letter to Lloyds. It is quite lengthy and would be grateful if someone could cast their eyes over it for me before I sent it off. All criticism most welcome lol

Re: PPI Complaint/Desision

Your Reference -xxxxxxxxxx

I am writing to you following receipt to your decision dated 14th October 2014 regarding my complaint for Payment Protection Insurance Policies for my loan accounts.

I note your decision to uphold loan account numbers xxxxxxxxxxx & xxxxxxxxxxxx and acknowledge receipt of your cheque.

With regards to account numbers xxxxxxxxxx (defended) & xxxxxxxxxxxxx (upheld in part) you explained your reasoning behind your decisions and advised that if I was unhappy with this then I should contact you within 28 days from receipt of your decision with any further evidence to support my claim.

I refer to my telephone conversation with one of your representatives when I categorically stated to him that I was never aware that I had Payment Protection Insurance on ANY of the products and therefore it is clear that the Insurance was mis-sold.

Your decisions outlined in your letter of the 14th October 2014 further confirm the above as follows:-

1. Eligibility Concerns. You state that "from my status at the time of sale I was eligible for the PPI policies I bought to protect the loan"

Let me clarify:-

I was in full time employment at the time the loans were taken out and received full employee benefits which would have covered my loan repayments therefore I did not require PPI and would not have agreed to pay a premium that would incur a further financial burden. My position was no different from that when I took out the loans you upheld.

2. Suitability Concerns – You state "you were not asked if PPI policy was suitable for you and you was not asked information about what I wanted or needed from a policy."

In light of the above which clearly shows that PPI was not discussed with me and therefore I was unaware it had been added to the loan the PPI was clearly mis-sold. You further state that on making your decision not to uphold these complaints you considered all aspects of suitability and not just those raised by me in my complaint. What does this mean ? The decision to take out PPI was mine alone regardless of whether you felt I was “suitable for PPI”. I was not aware of it and did not consent to it.

3. Policy Feature and Limitations Concerns – you state you were not advised of the main features, exclusions or limitations of the PPI policy.

The above once again clearly indicates that at no point was the PPI policy discussed. I am however most concerned at your findings on this issue in that you state you “believe” documentation was available and explained at the point of sale. Unless you have an actual transcript or recording of this it is unacceptable for you to speculate on what might or might not have happened in a conversation you were not party to. Using mere references to your guidelines at the time to justify your refusal that “it happened because that was what was in place at the time” is wrong, misleading and unfair.

4. Costs of the Policy Concerns – you state before you purchased the policy you were not advised about the total cost of the policy separately from any other prices you were given.

Again I am most concerned at your comments contained in your finding in that you state that while you are unable to confirm exactly what was said during the sale and you are aware that explaining the cost of the policy is a key part of the process you “believe the information was made available” again pure speculation on your part and totally unacceptable. You further go on to state that in light of the above “you cannot conclude that it would have effected my decision to take out the cover.

Let me clarify. I did not make any decision to take out cover, the decision was made for me and without my consent as outlined in my next concern raised.

5. Consent to Cover Concerns – you state you did not give explicit consent to taking out the PPI policy

Let me clarify. I did not give consent because I did not know I was taking out PPI policy. There is no more I can add to this finding you have openly admitted I did not consent.

Again I am most concerned at your findings on what is clearly a mis-selling of PPI. You state that you believe that additional consent, in the form of my “verbal agreement to confirm that I wanted PPI added to my loan………..would have taken the form of a verbal explanation to fully ensure I was aware of the policy”. Once again pure speculation. This never happened. I did not want or require PPI and your admission that I did not give explicit consent confirms that you have no documentation to justify your reasons for not upholding my complaint apart from pure speculation on all counts.

In your finding you also indicate/suggest, regardless of the above, and in simple terms that I needed the policies, I could afford them and regardless of whether I needed them or consented to them in your opinion if I had known about them I would have bought them anyway!!.

As evidenced I was never informed that PPI was added to my loans. If I had known I would never have agreed to purchase them and therefore I was mis sold these policies.

For the above reasons I am requesting full redress of all my mis-sold policy payments and I reserve the right to take further action and will allow a time limit of 14 days for you to respond in full.

Yours faithfully

Well peeps the above letter has been sent to Lloyds so now it is just a case of fingers and toes XX. Lets see what they come back with.

what amazes me is that in their decision letter they openly admitted their failings on nearly all counts yet they still rejected. Did they expect that their reasoning would just be accepted "you did not give explicit consent" but tough because we thought you needed it !!!:confused:

• 2 months later...

Just an update guys.

Since sending my appeal letter off I heard nothing and it has now been nearly 10 weeks.

I telephoned them yesterday and

the rep was full of apologies telling me they had exceeded the time to respond (it should have been dealt with in 6 weeks)

and he has now escalated it and a supervisor will be ringing me in the next day or so to explain !!!

I await the call with bated breath.

A side issue is that back in September I put in 2 other claims for a gold and platinum credit cards

( I intend starting another thread when these get going)

these cards had substantial balances (17k and 5k) and were sold on and statute barred in 2013.

I have the majority of the statements and they are both loaded with ppi.

I did not receive even an acknowledgment to these claims and

when I telephoned Lloyds in October they told me that they had not received them!!

and asked me to resend the paperwork again which I did in November

when I submitted my appeal (they all went off in the same envelope) however when I spoke to them yesterday guess what..

....they still have no record of these claims .

I told them I was very surprised as they had received my appeal and they were all sent together.

I have been informed that this issue will be discussed with me by their supervisor !!!!

I will keep you updated.

Still not heard from Lloyds so I rang them again this morning to be informed that they had still not dealt with my appeal and the reason was that they had a large backlog of claims!!

I told them that I was awaiting a telephone call but they were not at all interested and told me they didn't know how long I would have to wait and if I was not satisfied then I could take the matter up with the ombudsman !!!!! Good customer service Lloyds !!!

• 2 weeks later...

Finally received a call last night from a Lloyds rep......while I was shopping in Tesco !!! .

She told me that she needed to go through my appeal/claims with me and it would take a while.

I told her I was not prepared to discuss it on the telephone and that anything they needed to know

they should put in writing and I would respond.

Also pointed out that the appeal letter I sent to them was very detailed and covered everything they should need.

She still insisted that the only way this could be dealt with was over the telephone

and I stressed I was not prepared to speak to her.

She told me someone else would call me on Monday to discuss the matter!!!!!

Not sure what to do now surely they cannot insist I speak to the.

I got the impression it was either speak to us or nothing!!

we always recommend NOT to discuss these matters

they tend to ak loaded questions that depending upon you ans

usually kill the claim dead or atleast vastly reduced your potential reclaim

you COULD record the call

but that does little to protect loaded answers.

dx

and they

I have put a copy of my appeal letter at post 32 and I believe that it covers everything in response to their rejection letter. with regards to the 2 new credit card claims I was very detailed in my questionnaire and I believe you are right dx and that they do this to try and catch people out with their questions. when they ring on Monday my intention will be to answer their questions with " I refer you to my questionnaire/letter of appeal as this information is covered in there " see how frustrated they get !!