style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3570 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

So apparently Natwest do their damn hardest to stop you paying off your credit card!!!! After calling last month to pay off the full amount they advised i could not pay it until the interest had calculated and a letter was received the following month, however they had intact closed the account so no other charges would be received! Today i received a call to tell me i had to make an immediate payment as i owed £100! Is this a Joke? not only that, the patronising little boy on the phone treating me like a thief did not help!! Following this i called your points helpline to feel a little better about all the money on the card and claim the points, which when hearing the amount works out at 0.02p for every £ spent! what an absolute waste of time! Ideas on how to argue this case would be much appreciated!

So if I'm reading this right;

You wanted to make a payment to your credit card (CC) that would clear any outstanding balance.

Natwest response was too say "no, not until we calculate the interest & send you a statement".

Then instead of doing so, they in fact closed down your CC facility & demanded payment.

I've no idea what the points thing is, so leaving that aside.

Not great Customer Service at all, esp as you wanted to pay! So If this were me I would write a letter of complaint, detailing exactly what happened & when etc, to;

This is Natwests online Complaint form;

https://www.natwest.com/global/contact-us/complain-js.ashx

This is also Natwests Complaints phone number;

0843 504 0271

Please do correct me if I am wrong anyone, but I am sure a Bank has the right to terminate a CC for whatever reason they wish too. (It would be in the CC T&C) But usually for them to do this, there's a reason behind it.

As for making a complaint you do have to follow their complaints procedure & if that does not satisfy your complaint, then you will have the option of making a complaint to the Banking Ombudsman. (But this is only after the complaints procedure has been exhausted)

I do hope you get the resolution your after.

Good luck...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every single minute of it!!

I agree that a formal complaint should be made to their head office. You must head your letter/email/complaint form "Formal Complaint".

Pretty much advise what you have already said. They will have 8 weeks in which to respond - if they dont, or dont respond satisfactorily, then you will be able to escalate your complaint to the Ombudsman.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D