used car breakdown

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3574 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi,i bought a car from a dealer which broke down on the way home(20mls of a 50ml journey),when I told the dealer here is the reply on email---hi, un-fortunetly we don't work with the warranty company which is why you signed the no warranty sales form on purchase. It's designed to work with your local garage but it does take a week to get validated, we would and have never sold any vehicle with pre existing faults. You are welcome to bring the car back to us and we can take it to a garage around the corner who works with the warranty company but it would be off the road for 1 week until the warranty is active.------ he sold me a warranty for a twelve month period saying I now had 15 months ,I presumed that the other 3 months were his.as I had only had the car for less than a hour what is his liability.i cannot drive car back as non starter .when I looked at the car it would not start .he put a power pack on it and said it only needs a run , he is claiming that it is nothing to do with him because I bought the warranty.what is the law regarding this please

Edited by feelbad

The so-called warranty has no validity.

Your posts are a bit mixed up. Obviously the car has now started and you have driven it, so who said there is an injector problem ?

What is the make, model, mileage and price you paid ?

Where did you buy the car ?

Did you take it for a test drive ?

If so, how long was that test drive and did it include any dual carriageway or motorway or did they tell you which way to go ?

So the car broke down 20 miles from the dealer, the dealer came out and restarted the car using a booster pack and you drove home without further problems ?

1.5 Renault scenic dynamique 100 , 2004 ,108000 ,£900. test drive I/4 mile said he was on his own and there was very little diesel in it .dealer did not come out I jumped it by another car drove home . 30mins later still would not start normally .now in local garage because dealer is not answering messages

approved used cars whittlesey

£900 means you do not have warranty cover.

Buy with confidence, our Warranty is backed by our own workshop and includes parts and labour!

We have our own fully equipped 2 bay workshop, which means the warranty you get on your car is backed by our own workshop, giving you peace of mind with your car purchase. Our workshop is fully equipped with all the latest equipment meaning your car has a 25 point check and before its sold to you. We also offer extended warranties for up to 15 months to cover you nationwide including breakdown cover if you are not local when buying a car or van off us.

Only available on cars over £1990

I take it this isn't referring to the extended warranty which you paid for.

A warranty in the normal sense covers you for nothing as in this case. A warranty is an extra offered by car sales to make it look as if they are selling good cars, if they had confidence in the cars they sold, they would offer these warranties free.

As soon as you know anything, come back and let us know.

We are a FAMILY run firm that prides itself on reputation and looking after the customer
Edited by Conniff