Parking charge notice

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3576 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I have received a parking charge notice from ALDI Parking Eye, because I stayed shopping for 25 minutes longer than their 1.5 hrs,

thats because I couldn't get parked when I did packed store etc.

I shop in Aldi stores each week in alternate locations spending appx £35-75. I'm livid.

So can anone agree/disagree that Private parking law is different than Borough Law.

Ie they can only charge the cost that I may have cost them....25 mins!

By the way they don't charge for parking.

They say "If I can prove that I was shopping (despite me giving their own brand names from my fridge!!) with a receipt

(which I can't! I have receipts from their other stores)

they may squash the charge" only reason for me bring in that part of town

is to shop in their store.

Any advice please. Huge thanks

Nyvian:mad2:

Hi

As this is an ANPR ticket, this has been sent to the owner, not necessarily the driver.

These are private invoices and have nothing to do with penalties imposed by councils.

You need to appeal this and demand a POPLA code should they choose to reject you-which they will- so that you can escalate to POPLA.

You can explain the reason why it took so long but to be honest, PE don't care. You are a cash cow, nothing more.

It has been seen in some cases where the appeal has gone to POPLA, PE have failed to supply an evidence bundle which equals a win for the appellant

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Ok, what dates did you park there and what dates did you receive the demands.

Aldi used to cancel the tickets if you spent more than £30 so write to head office and ask them when this particular contract variation was recinded.

Also get on to your local council and find out what the planning consent said about customer parking, it is often stipulted as being 2 hours so PE cant change the law and are thus making a false claim They invent their own restrictions to earn money but are often wrong so it would be good for them to know this. Again let Aldi HO know that you are doing this and may make a claim against them to recover any lossesyou suffer due to their breach of planning regs.

Whilst you are waiting to get that info, reply to PE saying that as keeper of the vehicle you are appealing their charges as the conditions of bparking breach planning consent for the site and make them do some running around.

When they reject your appeal you will be given a POPLA code and then you can hit them with the more usual GPEOL arguments you will see cited everywhere here.

Hi

As this is an ANPR ticket, this has been sent to the owner, not necessarily the driver.

Hi Thanks for reply Silver Fox, I took the P/T to the manager and explained that I thought it unfair specially as I spend so much within their shops, The manager told me it was because the rugby people used the car park without shopping preventing the shoppers from having a place to park but he would sort it out. So thanks for advice to you all & a huge thanks to the common sense manager.