Mr Rob V Barclays

MR ROB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6238 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Here we go then, the ball is rolling. I've sent my first letter with the £10 that has since been returned with a letter saying they'll send me the statements free of charge. (ah bless)

After reading through the other treads I'm desperate to see what my total charges has been to date. Although I'm better with my money when i started my apprenticeship 7 years ago i was getting charged 3 times a month, thats £75 a month for years.. What is the largest charges total on here so far for a normal current account?

I'll be keeping you all up to date with progress.

Thank you all

ROB.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Luck Rob. Keep your thread updated so we can help.

for FAQs & Step By Step

click here

for Templates Library

click here

for Court Bundle

click here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Halifax C C

here

WON 121o121 'vs' Cahoot CC

here

WON 121o121 'vs' LloydsTSB (again)

here

This is just me being dumb but i'm a little confused.

Now after i've worked out the total charges i then just askfor that back off the bank. It's only when they say no or offer me a small part of it that i file a claim and then add the 8% intrest + charges.

I'm just confused as to why the prelim letter in the library has the space for intrest.

I'm struggling with this spread sheet (complex-bank-charges-calc) as i'm not sure of what my overdraft limits were 5 years ago,if it was free the dates they changed and the intrest charged. I've decided to just go for the cumulative charges. This way i can make no mistakes and give them nothing to come back with. Does this seem reasonable?

I have sent the prelim letter off but have just recieved an other £30 charge. Is it to late to amend the charges. Can i send an updated list of charges with the LBA?

Yes that is fine also you can add the charge on to your schedule of charges should your claim get to the court stage.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Rob

The paper N1 method taken in by hand or posted to the local court is now the same cost as the MCOL version (I think it was less online when they started to get it going).

I filed my claims yesterday at court and paid by cheque over the counter - I think I saw a chip and pin machine there so I guess a credit/debit card might be useable - ring them up to check the numbers are all on the HMCS (Her Maj. Court Service) website.

My cheque was payable to "HM Court Service" if you decide to send it by post.

You send three copies and technically your supposed to include three copies of the defendants form/advice from the website as well - but I forgot and the court said not to worry since they always add that anyway.

It can take up to 5 days to issue the claim that way and so your schedule of charges attached to the "particulars of claim" on the N1 form will be out of date if you include them (since the 8% interest increases each day!) but the woman at the court told me to just send an updated set once I recieve my copy of the claim back with the right date on it.

Hope that helps

The Badger

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

When filing for judgement it asks for a date when i would like the money to be paid. How long do i give then as i want the money ASAP..

When filing for judgement it asks for RATE of interest, is this 8% or the 0.00022...

Don't they just make you want to scream? They leave it till the last minute every time don't they? Our judgment went through as Barclays must have forgotten we existed and didn't file a defence at all. Not counting our chickens just yet though, Barclays are pretty slimy and might still come up with some cock and bull story that gets them let off by the Court. Good luck to you, keep going, Mr Rob, you'll get there in the end.