Boredom

MooNboo
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3627 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

Back in December 2013 I won my appeal for ESA...:whoo:

got called into the local job centre to discuss ways to helping me when I'm ready to get back to work, nothing was decided but the idea of exploring voluntary work or college to re-educate myself....

Following this I researched the education route to find that if I wanted to do a course then I would have to pay for it myself and the job centre wouldn't fund it unless there was a guaranteed job... then looked at the voluntary route, that didn't look promising either.... cant do the driving ppl to hospital/ drs etc etc because Id be using my own car and whilst they pay a cost per mileage, I would have to change my insurance to hire and reward then increasing the cost:|. And from the other local organisations they don't seem to want be flexible to the hrs I can give / do / prepared to work... as soon as you mention back issues, which causes problems for sitting and standing... these places seem to give a wide birth...:-x

when I have a really bad day. Laying down helps a lot...on good days I move around as much as I can tolerate but always have that option of knowing I can go for a lay down if it gets to much.... Maybe I'm moaning or is it just boredom getting to me , don't get out much, really don't like talking to ppl on the phone, even finding that I'm on a short fuse....

What does everyone else do to fight this boredom.....

Hi MooNboo

That's a tough one, keep yourself busy as much as you can without making your medical condition worse, hopefully your getting a lot of support from family, friends, your GP etc. Look at stuff that you've never done before, painting (art), write a book etc.

Hello Moon

Have you approached your local C V S? I know that mine are happy to help ppl who want to volunteer on an "hours to suit" basis. Many third sector organisations understand well and accommodate ppl's limitations due to fluctuating health or other circumstances.

With regard to volunteer driving, you might find this document from the Association of British Insurers of use.

https://www.abi.org.uk/~/media/Files/Documents/Publications/Public/Migrated/Motor/Volunteer%20driving%20-%20the%20motor%20insurance%20commitment.ashx

Start every day off with a smile and get it over with.