heath lambert aviod like the plague ,WORRY IF YOU AVE A POLICY WITH THESES

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3655 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

been with these guys 10+ years

never made a claim in all those years,

burst pipe in bathroom

flooded bathroom and kitchen ceiling damage

called over a week ago took over 50 minutes to get though at cost of45.00 phone bill,

so compliant number 1 cost of ringing

heath lambert was sending a renovation team out wednesday ?

nobody arrived had no acknowledgement of claim either

recalled friday there so

called compliants line asked for chairmans office details

was told dont have a chairman?

passed around again 4 different people who said if you want to complain go to fos ??

eventually a acting team manager took the call again

went though what happened

what they was suppose to be doing ,

her response i will go over to the manager dealing with asap , and guess what ?

stillnothing .

so im left with hole in kitchen ceiling while these clowns get there act together

ki

It would appear that the OP has been a customer of Heath Lambert for in excess of 10 years during which time no claim has been made.

A burst pipe in the bathroom flooded the bathroom and damaged the kitchen ceiling.

I believe the OP called to report it and was on hold and incurred a £45 telephone bill. This represents the first complaint.

It would appear that Heath Lambert were to send operatives out on a Wednesday (OP did not state which Wednesday)

It looks like nobody called and Heath Lambert had no record of claim when OP telephoned again on Friday.

OP telephoned and asked to make a complaint and to speak to the chairman. OP was puzzled speaking to the chairman was not an option.

The OP claims to have been passed around 4 people without resolving the issue.

OP claims to have been advised to contact Financial Ombudsman to make complaint.

OP appears to have finally spoken to acting team manager to whom the complaint was repeated.

Despite this the OP is still waiting for a response.

Firstly you must stop doing things on the phone. Do everything in writing - by email if possible. If you do use the phone then you should record the calls.

Make a detailed note of everything that has happened so far and send it to the insurer as part of a complaint.

Tell them that you want it sorted out but that your letter is a formal complaint and that if they don't respond in a satisfactory way, that you will then go to the insurance ombudsman.

Remember that you won't get anywhere if you don't have paper evidence of everything that happens.

Take photos of all damage and get two competitive quotes for repairs.

Let us know what happens in the next few days

Heath Lambert are a long establised brokers, but it appears that they have been subject to change in recent years and are part of Arthur J Gallagher group, who are a big US company based in Illinois.

Mike Constanti appears to be the UK claims director at their London office. According to their site, they centralised their claims in London a few years back.

Head Office

The Walbrook Building

25 Walbrook

London

EC4N 8AW

Tel: +44 (0)20 7204 6000

It is not very good that they are not offering you a claims service and I think I would phone their head office to see if I get through to executive complaints. They can't tell you to complain to the FOS in the way that they did. They are supposed to acknowledge the claim and try to resolve it.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

hi thanks for the above information letter drafted already but regarding the claim finally got a letter acknowledging my claim sent thursday 8th may ? as postage mark stating claim was made

02/05?? when actually i did original claim monday 28/04?? 02/05 date was second call to heath lambert. i have had to get someone one it to repair the damage as heath lambert have failed to act correctly and couldnt leave my bathroom with expanding laminate any longer or the kitchen with a 4foot hole where the plaster board and dropped down from the ceiling

letters gone to heath lambert shoudl have got yesterday also response from fos acknowledging by claim and that could take upto 6 weeks so wait see if any response from heath lmabert pictures of damge taken and all letters copied as suggested earlier