National Grid nightmare

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3689 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a gas pipe installed by National Grid which has been a complete nightmare.

The story is very long, but this is the gist:

• Missed several appointments or never turned up on time, meaning I had to take 7 days off work at short notice on top of all the days off I had originally taken off.
  • Messed up the planning application with the local council, and luckily we had someone who works with them regularly chase it and get it rushed through in the last minute.
  • Chucked a load of road signs on my next door neighbour's drive meaning they were unable to park their van
  • Knocked over the wall of the neighbour across the street [see pic]
  • Refused to start work on the original date because they are not allowed to dig inside my garage, but we had a surveyor visit 4 months earlier who did not mention that, and all their paperwork says "We will excavate all private land"
  • Marked an area inside the garage to be dug, so we paid a building firm to do that, and we later found out it was the wrong size for the pipe
  • Installed the pipe in the wrong position and did not attach it to the wall, so the meter installer refused to work on it because he deemed it dangerous. We had to have the pipe moved [pic]
  • Made the original hole bigger due to them having to move the pipe, and in doing so broke my outside drain (all water from my front garden is routed into this drain)
  • Smeared concrete all over my brand new doorbell [pic]
  • Repaired the drain badly and poured concrete into it [pic]
  • Refused to acknowledge my complaint about the drain for 2 months, which eventually lead to the garage being flooded yesterday
  • Handed to new surveyors who claim to be more senior than the last, and then they refuse to answer my calls (this has happened 3 times)
  • Refused to acknowledge that we had been overcharged (£1,191.60 is the price where they dig private land, £424.80 is the price where we dig private land)

I was told by the most recent surveyor that we would be getting compensation. Later I received a cheque for £20.

I wrote a letter of complaint and they responded basically saying everything was my fault, and they upped the offer to £200 'as a gesture of good will'.

I feel like I'm at least entitled to the £766.80 they overcharged me!

Does anyone have any advice?