• Tweets

• Thank you honeybee if you would my head is mashed now. You guys our savers.  H
    • You can edit the answers to be in red or would you like me to do it? HB
    • Apologies dx100uk  I did not put the answers in red  Thank you all for your patience. H
    • Which Court have you received the claim from ? Northampton  Name of the Claimant ? Overdales solicitors  How many defendant's  joint or self ?  Self Date of issue – top right hand corner of the claim form – this in order to establish the time line you need to adhere to.  13 may 2024 What is the claim for – the reason they have issued the claim? the claim is for the sum of £6163.61due by the defendant under an agreement regulated by the consumer credit act 1974 for hsbc uk bank plc. Account 4546384809766042. The defendant faild to maintain contractual payments required by the agreement and a default notice was served under s 87(1)  of the consumer credit act 1974 which as not been compiled with. The dbt was legally assigned to the Claimant on 23/08/23, notice on which as been given to the defendant.  The claim includes statutory interest under S.69 of the county courts act 1984 at a rate of 8% per annum from the date of assignment to the date of issue of these proceedings in the sum of £117.53 the Claimant claims the sum of £6281.14. Have you received prior notice of a claim being issued pursuant to paragraph 3 of the PAPDC (Pre Action Protocol) ?   Not to my knowledge. Have you changed your address since the time at which the debt referred to in the claim was allegedly incurred?  No Do you recall how you entered into the agreement...On line /In branch/By post ?  Online but it was for a smaller amount they kept on increasing this with me asking Has the claim been issued by the original creditor or was the account assigned and it is the Debt purchaser who has issued the claim.  It was assigned to a debt collection agency  Were you aware the account had been assigned – did you receive a Notice of Assignment? yes  Did you receive a Default Notice from the original creditor?  Yes I also made offers to pay original creditor a smaller amount but was not replied to Have you been receiving statutory notices headed “Notice of Sums in Arrears”  or " Notice of Arrears "– at least once a year ?  No Why did you cease payments? I was made redundant and got a less paid job I also spent some time on furlough during covid and spent some 3 months on ssp off work. What was the date of your last payment?  May 2021 Did you communicate any financial problems to the original creditor and make any attempt to enter into a debt management plan? Yes at the time I communicated with all my creditor's that I was running out of funds to pay the original agreements once my redundancy money ran out that was when my accounts defaulted. I then wrote to all my creditor's with pro rata offers of payments but debt collectors took over the accounts.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

CH4 prog How to get a Council House. Any thoughts?

Shendor
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

the bit that everyone seems to be missing here,these people in tower hamlets on benefits cant afford to live there now that the council has started capping benefits,this has been pointed out to them by the council employees that are employed by the council to tell them,these council employees probably don't live in London,because they cant afford to! this has been going on for years,Ive spoken to many many council employees that work in London and commute in to their jobs,they are sick to the back teeth of people on benefits getting their money and living all cosy while they have to commute in every day through the traffic jams to sort their problems out,its a joke!

So instead of blaming the government for not implementing rent controls and legislation to regulate the private rental industry, they are spending their energy blaming people who claim benefits for whatever reason. Sounds like the government system of pass the blame is working well.

So where should benefit claimants live in if not in London (or anywhere in decent housing as LHA only pays for the dregs of rented housing in any area). Are they saying there should be slum districts where people down on benefits should live, because that is where this could easily lead. And at what point should a person who has lost their job or can't work be moved to the slum district?

It's strange how right wing 'morality' allows people to be paid a pittance of money and live in a hovel, as long as the money they have is less than any working person, and the hovel they live in is worse than any working person's - well you can't have a 'non contributor', living better than a 'contributor'. Hey, I think I've found a whole new career path for people - being a 'fairness' inspector -

'well, I'm sorry sir, but there are working people in this street who can't afford to buy a new washing machine, so I'm afraid you can't have one. And that TV exceeds the maximum screen size allowed - poor working people in this area can only afford a 28 inch TV and you have a 32 inch. And what are you having for dinner sir? Steak your mum gave you as a present so you could have a nice anniversary meal? Well sorry, I'm going to have to take that as well, working people cannot afford steak, so present or not, you can't have it - here's a can of corned beef. And there really is hardly any mould on your walls, sir, and the rooms are far too large, you're far too comfortable here, I'm afraid we're going to have to move you and reclassify this as WPH - working poor housing. Don't worry, you'll be very happy 200 miles away in our special S&S housing (skivers and shirkers housing).'

We hang the petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office ~ Aesop

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

most of the people I ever met in tower hamlets were living cosy on benefits,I lived in that area for twenty years up until 2007,most folk I knew were on benefits and working casual in London,its got a lot tougher for people recently,working casual and being on benefits has been made a lot tougher as businesses are being fined more and there is less casual work around because of the influx of east European immigrants.

It must be the time of night but.... so you talked to most of the people you ever met in tower hamlets about their income and their benefits did you? That's really strange, because apart from professionally, I couldn't tell you the income source (for sure) of most of the people I've met in any of the places I've lived. Even work colleagues, I knew they had wages from work, but couldn't tell you the other benefits most of them claimed. You must lead a very strange life, going around talking to most of the people you meet about how they get money and the benefits they claim. Bizarre.

I talked to enough people in tower hamlets to get the general idea!,thats why you see and hear of people,dont take my word for it estellyn,travelling from the other side of the world through several countries to get to the uk even if they have to stowaway in the back of lorries to get here!.must be some good reason for that!

Maybe they do that just to broaden their horizons.

It's strange how right wing 'morality' allows people to be paid a pittance of money and live in a hovel, as long as the money they have is less than any working person, and the hovel they live in is worse than any working person's - well you can't have a 'non contributor', living better than a 'contributor'. Hey, I think I've found a whole new career path for people - being a 'fairness' inspector -

'well, I'm sorry sir, but there are working people in this street who can't afford to buy a new washing machine, so I'm afraid you can't have one. And that TV exceeds the maximum screen size allowed - poor working people in this area can only afford a 28 inch TV and you have a 32 inch. And what are you having for dinner sir? Steak your mum gave you as a present so you could have a nice anniversary meal? Well sorry, I'm going to have to take that as well, working people cannot afford steak, so present or not, you can't have it - here's a can of corned beef. And there really is hardly any mould on your walls, sir, and the rooms are far too large, you're far too comfortable here, I'm afraid we're going to have to move you and reclassify this as WPH - working poor housing. Don't worry, you'll be very happy 200 miles away in our special S&S housing (skivers and shirkers housing).'

This!!

Dear god what is it with the UK today that makes people dance to the governments tune of hate and envy.

Oh I know, the bloody coalition b*stards...

I talked to enough people in tower hamlets to get the general idea!,thats why you see and hear of people,dont take my word for it estellyn,travelling from the other side of the world through several countries to get to the uk even if they have to stowaway in the back of lorries to get here!.must be some good reason for that!

Maybe they do that just to broaden their horizons.

No, you talked to a few people then combined the impressions you had from your discussions with reports in the media and then made assumptions about a large group of people - 240,000 people live in Tower Hamlets.

And people don't travel here hidden in lorries for our benefits system - they are illegal immigrants and can't claim benefits!

no,I didn't combine any impressions,I know all about tower hamlets as I have been there many times,how many times have you been there? also,you will find that illegal immigrants do cost this country millions or are you living in cloud cuckoo land? they also commit a good percentage of the street crime in that area and that's before they get housed and their benefits sorted

Illegal immigrants are not entitled to benefits. That's not really a point for debate, it's simply a fact. Incidentally, neither are those who enter the country seeking asylum.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

no,I didn't combine any impressions,I know all about tower hamlets as I have been there many times,how many times have you been there? also,you will find that illegal immigrants do cost this country millions or are you living in cloud cuckoo land? they also commit a good percentage of the street crime in that area and that's before they get housed and their benefits sorted

How many people in tower hamlets have you personally spoken to socially about their benefits?

• 155,000 illegal immigrants qualified for sickness benefits and maternity pay
  • Work and Pensions Department did not ask for work permits when assessing certain claims

Tens of thousands of workers with no right to be in Britain have been claiming benefits thanks to an extraordinary loophole in the law.

Ministers have discovered that Labour allowed 155,000 illegal immigrants to qualify for sickness benefits and maternity pay. Government sources put the cost to the public purse at ‘tens of millions of pounds’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356696/155k-illegal-workers-claiming-benefits-Law-loophole-costs-British-taxpayers-millions.html#ixzz2zGN8oiNI

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Edited by citizenB

• 155,000 illegal immigrants qualified for sickness benefits and maternity pay
  • Work and Pensions Department did not ask for work permits when assessing certain claims

Tens of thousands of workers with no right to be in Britain have been claiming benefits thanks to an extraordinary loophole in the law.

Ministers have discovered that Labour allowed 155,000 illegal immigrants to qualify for sickness benefits and maternity pay. Government sources put the cost to the public purse at ‘tens of millions of pounds’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1356696/155k-illegal-workers-claiming-benefits-Law-loophole-costs-British-taxpayers-millions.html#ixzz2zGN8oiNI

Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Do you believe everything you read in the Daily Mail? It certainly explains your viewpoint.

https://fullfact.org/factchecks/illegal_workers_claiming_benefits-2506

Edited by citizenB
reduced font size

legally so called illegals get vouchers while their asylum goes through,before they get their council house etc.

If they are asylum seekers, they are not illegal, are they?

Or should we turn away people who have been raped, tortured and in fear of their lives in their home country?

I worked with a former asylum seeker for a few years, what he and his family went through is unimaginable to most people living in the UK. Yes he went through the asylum system. I have no idea what housing he lived in, but he went on to work full time helping his community and others for the same charity I worked for. He was also highly intelligent and studying for a masters degree by the time I met him.

It's much harder to have prejudices when you get to know the individuals and stop looking at the 'group'.

Well, here's the thing - as Estellyn says, asylum seekers are not illegal immigrants, but broadly speaking they are not entitled to DWP benefits until their application is accepted and they are granted FLR or ELR. They do, in some cases, get a small stipend from the Home Office - when I left the DWP in 2010 it was about £40 per week to cover everything.

Also, they are often given housing, because that's better than having them sleeping under bridges. In my home city of Glasgow, there is a development known as the "Red Road Flats". It's iconic in the city, and as you approach from the north on the M80 it dominates the skyline - eight tower blocks that were, when they were built in the 60s, the tallest residential buildings in Europe.

Of course, they're uninhabitable slums now. Two of the eight buildings have been demolished. Five of the six that remain are slated for demolition in the next couple of years and are unoccupied. The one that remains inhabited? Asylum seekers live there. We generously house them in one of Europe's most notorious hellholes. It's a shame, really, because there was a time when we, as Brits, could at least pretend to be compassionate and civilised.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

well at least they came here and got a house!,lol,the red road flats exresidents are being posted all over Glasgow so maybe they will be able to integrate better than they were,they certainly get their benefits etc in Glasgow area

Well, I have no problem with people fleeing from rape, murder and torture being offered a house in this country. They don't get benefits, as I pointed out, though the Home Office does pay them a small amount of money. I have no problem with that either.

And yes, the other residents of Red Road have been rehoused. What would you have us do? "Sorry guys, we're about to blow up your house. You're on your own now."

they get plenty benefits

You know, just repeating the same thing over and over doesn't make it true - show us some evidence.

they get plenty benefits,as for the red road flats,they were better than the Glasgow tenements that folk were living in for years,in fact,the red road flats were heaven compared to the slums they replaced

They were, yes - Red Road was a paradise compared to what it replaced. But it has not been such for a very long time now. In fact, it's pretty much the definition of urban deprivation and poverty - or it was, until they moved everyone out except the asylum seekers. What does that say about us? We take people fleeing for their lives and offer them a place to live that has been condemned as unfit for human habitation. Oh, and they don't get benefits.

As to illegal immigrants and benefits, I don't know how often we need to say this: illegal immigrants are not entitled to benefits. For that matter, plenty of legal immigrants are not entitled to benefits either. My wife was not, for her first couple of years in this country. She now has ILR and can claim, but she works so we do not receive any benefits. Of course, no-one actually thinks of her as a "proper" immigrant - she's white and speaks English as her native language.

If you're aware of any illegal immigrants getting benefits, report them for fraud. I presume, since you apparently know all the details of the benefit situation of every single resident of Tower Hamlets, you must also be aware of their immigration status, yes?

Ive already shown it estellyn,try and educate yourself its not my job.

I continue educating myself every day, thanks, as intelligent people try to do, but maybe you should read my post and article showing that your DM article (your stated 'evidence') was less than accurate and then provide a new source.

Ive already shown it estellyn,try and educate yourself its not my job.

You haven't "shown" anything. You've asserted things, and declined to provide evidence to support those assertions.

its a bit pointless me trying to tell you that illegal immigrants get benefits,they do get payments in some form of another,if you want to think they don't that's up to you,obviously they come here to this country in the back of a lorry with a bag of gold as their spending money? As for reporting illegal immigrants for fraud because they get payments,a bit pointless,the government already know who they are,their paying them.Theres plenty of evidence for the millions that illegal immigrants cost this country if you look for it.

How do you know this for certain? Do you run some sort of 'these buggers are getting more then me' surveillance scheme in your area? Do you break into their homes and riffle through their bank statements? I mean how do you know all this? :D

Maybe doing your research and reading something other then right wing propaganda rags wouldn't go amiss now and again. :)

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3685 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks