Long Term Sick, TUPE and Redundancy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3675 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I am looking a little bit of advice once again, so I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I have been on Long Term Sick Leave for nearly 2 and half years now. I have recently found out that the comapny I work for, has lost the contract that I would have been working on, and the work is transferring to another part of the UK.

My employer wants to offer me another position, albeit temporary for now, until a permanent position becomes available. The thing is, I will not be able to ever take up this post due to my ongoing illness and treatments, and I only recently sent in another sick line to work for another 6 months.

Obviously if i do not take the position offered I understand that my contract will transfer to the new company.

With my continuing illness, it is highly unlikely that I will be returning to work at any time in the near future. So my question is this, should I allow my contract to transfer and then accept redundancy if it is offered.

Many thanks in advance.

Edited by Sallyslover

Hello there.

I hope the employment guys will be along later. One tiny point please, you say you're likely to return to work, is that right? If you want to change it, you can use the Edit Post button on the bottom right of the post. :)

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

I don't think anyone can make that choice for you I am afraid. I remember you aren't getting paid any longer; the new company may wish to tidy up their books by offering redundancy, but there's no guarantee.

If it is any reassurance I don't think either choice looks better or worse than the other; both are gambles.

Never assume anyone on the internet is who they say they are. Only rely on advice from insured professionals you have paid for!