Bank Account with money in it ...... need advice

Lucyis
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3681 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You should see a solicitor. An all monies charge is difficult to challenge, but not impossible.

The bank have no obligation to hand over monies they hold for you when you owe them money. It will be offset against your debt to them at some point. I can't see evidence of misselling or duress - but if you see a solicitor, they can go through all the documentation you have and make an informed assessment, rather than just a guess from a few posts on a forum.

You may also be able to challenge any charges or fees added to your account during the period of time that this money ought to have been available to you - especially if you can show that if you had access to that money, you would have been able to make payments to them.

I thought that mis selling was someone giving you something other than you have asked for and not explaining why they had or what it was. So I asked for a residential mortgage and got given a loan, which they renewed every 6 to 12 months, increased interest rates and added fees every time.

Not once have they explained themselves, or told me why I couldnt have a residential mortgage when back then my credit history was perfect and I was solvent. They have me down as a property developer who was going to let the property out to get me the loan yet I am a public health consultant, they had my company accounts, they knew what I did and they knew how badly abused I had been by my ex husband and so why I needed to leave quickly.

When I queried intially they said I could have a mortgage when the marital home was sold. That took five years to get an order for sale, and then when it was gone, they wouldnt give me a normal residential mortgage and wouldn't explain why. I did query this as an implied term.

I did see a Solicitor in 2010. He told me it was possible there was no contract. In 2010 they'd given me a loan in a new format, still not a normal residential mortgage but one that would cost me 1300 a month with a 7 year term. I didnt sign as I couldnt afford it and I hadnt agreed to it, I also havent made a payment to it since then. Its taken them 3 years to start talking about repossession.

I dont have any money to pay a solicitor. Its not a case of false economy I have no money. My fridge broke 2 months ago and I havent had any money to replace it. We are beyond poor and I say that as someone who has worked since she was 14, has a phd and used to have a really good wage. We have sold everything. We now have nothing at all. I bought two chickens to give us eggs and turned over the flower beds to veg to reduce food bills.

I got the gas fire taken out in the sitting room and had a woodburner put in. We slept in that room all winter, I cooked on it and heated water for baths. I have no car, brittle asthma thanks to the x breaking every rib in my body all at once and a shed load of meds to keep me up right. CAmeron may say poverty doesn't exist in the UK but he can come for tea and I'll show him WW2 survival conditions. I dont smoke I dont drink, we have no TV, we are vegetarian and I am teaching myself to sew so I can avoid charity shops and dress my children.

I will not give this up without a fight, I have a brain and if I can just get the occasional question answered I'm willing to take them on.

Sorry, bit of a rant.