• Tweets

• Weaknesses in some banks' security measures for online and mobile banking could leave customers more exposed to scammers, new data from Which? reveals.View the full article
    • I understand what you mean. But consider that part of the problem, and the frustration of those trying to help, is the way that questions are asked without context and without straight facts. A lot of effort was wasted discussing as a consumer issue before it was mentioned that the property was BTL. I don't think we have your history with this property. Were you the freehold owner prior to this split? Did you buy the leasehold of one half? From a family member? How was that funded (earlier loan?). How long ago was it split? Have either of the leasehold halves changed hands since? I'm wondering if the split and the leashold/freehold arrangements were set up in a way that was OK when everyone was everyone was connected. But a way that makes the leasehold virtually unsaleable to an unrelated party.
    • quite honestly id email shiply CEO with that crime ref number and state you will be taking this to court, for the full sum of your losses, if it is not resolved ASAP. should that be necessary then i WILL be naming Shiply as the defendant. this can be avoided should the information upon whom the courier was and their current new company contact details, as the present is simply LONDON VIRTUAL OFFICES  is a company registered there and there's a bunch of other invisible companies so clearly just a mail address   
    • If it doesn’t sell easily : what they can get at an auction becomes fair market price, which may not realise what you are hoping.
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access (NOROIRA)....where did these bizarre notices come from ??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3323 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

During this past week I have noticed on a number of forums a significant number of posts from debtors querying WHY the Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access (or NOROIRA) are being ignored by the bailiff. At least half a dozen posts have stated that the notice has led to their car being taken away.

And yet.....those people 'peddling' these notices continue to encourage debtors to display them !!!!

When the new fee scale is introduced on Sunday the position cannot be clearer..... as all wrongful levies will in future be rendered "irregular" and not "illegal" with the resulting impact that any claims for damages for trespass will be almost impossible. Also, the warrant will of course not be rendered invalid.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Since starting this thread I have received messages from over 25 solicitors, various police officers and so many debtors all thanking me for this thread and for exposing the failure of these notices and most importantly, their origins (in particular....the 'newer version').

With over 3,000 visitors having already viewed this thread it would seem that all of my hard work has been worth it.

Excellent TT it shows that CAg has clout and credibility, hopefully the Enforcement Companies will work with us and realise that we aren't out to have a go at them for it's own sake merely to ensure debtors are threated fairly.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

It's always good when your work is 'officially' recognised by the police and such like, but what is particularly good here is that from what I read of the sites promoting these notices, the truth is being revealed and debtors are not being led blindly from what they're reading. That's real reward for your work, thanks!

• 8 months later...
Who was the 'author' who drafted the original Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access (NOROIRA)?

The above Notice of Removal of Implied Right of Access was drafted by a gentleman by the name of Mr Mike Dobson (or; to use his Freeman on the Land ‘strawman name’) Mike:of the clan Dobson him . This was confirmed by him on 23rd February 2010 when responding to a question on the 'Freeman Ireland' forum (link below):

http://freemanireland.ning.com/forum/topics/implied-right-of-access

As you will see Mr Dobson (Mike: of the clan Dobson) displays a copy of the original Notice of Implied Right of Access on the forum and in his post he states the following:

'Hello all

This is a slightly amended version of a copy of my original which I am pleased to say has found its way all over the internet!! Many people have used it with success.

I wrote the original over a year ago after a conversation with John Harris.

It was used to scare of Bailiffs from the council and it certainly works. You must put a copy up at the boundary of your private estate and the public access way/street.

If they come to your door, politley inform them they are trespassing and they have 60 secs to leave before you call the Police!

Worked for me on more than 5 occassions!!!'

I started this thread in March this year before the new bailiff regulations came into effect. When the last post had been made the thraed had received approx 3,000 views. I noticed yesterday that the thread had been viewed over 7,500 times so clearly this subject if of huge interest.

After writing this thread I received so many messages and emails thanking me for providing the 'background' to these notices and given the huge public interest in the subject I think that it is important to provide some additional information about the 'author' of the notice; Mike Dobson.

As viewers will see from the Freeman Ireland link above dated February 2010 Mr Dobson states that he had a 'showdown at Leyland Magistrates'. In fact it would now seem that Mr Dobson had called police to his home in November 2009 after bailiffs had arrived to re-possess the property and a search was undertaken of the property.

The post below is copied from the CPS website.

"On 18 November 2009, Lancashire Police conducted a search at a house in Bamber Bridge, Preston, the former home of Michael Dobson which had been repossessed. Amongst the items seized were a computer tower and a hard drive which were examined by officers of the North West Counter Terrorism Unit in June 2010. The computers were both found to contain files with recipes for explosives and instructions for making explosive devices.

Mr Dobson was arrested on 22 September 2010. He was charged with six offences contrary to section 58(1)(b) Terrorism Act 2000 of possessing records of information likely to be useful to a person committing or preparing an act of terrorism in relation to documents found on both his computer and his hard drive.

When the case was listed for trial on 6 December 2011, Mr Dobson changed his pleas to guilty, although he gave no explanation for the offences. In sentencing Mr Dobson on 23 January 2012 at Preston Crown Court, HHJ Russell QC told Mr Dobson: "You have been very foolish – this sort of material though readily available should be of no interest to any sensible law-abiding citizen. You are a man of independent views – which you are perfectly entitled to hold – but you must appreciate that the law applies to you as it does to anyone else – and you must obey the law of the land".

Mr Dobson received concurrent sentences of 18 months' imprisonment on each of the six offences.

http://www.cps.gov.uk/publications/prosecution/ctd_2012%20old%20copy.html

NOTE:

At the time of the CPS report there was a further charge pending against Mr Dobson but due to reporting restrictions this could not be made public at the time.

The CPS confirmed that a search of the property in 2009 had found computers with files with recipes for explosives. During the search the police also found that Mr Dobson had a part of the property set up to grow cannabis which was valued at £13,000.

In May 2012 whilst serving his prison sentence he was brought back to court in relation to this second charge. During the hearing it was heard that Dobson had been researching the Freeman on the Land movement, and told the court he did not believe he was breaking any laws in growing the cannabis at the property. He told the court:

“The particular view I held at that time was that money is a fiction.”

He was sentenced to a further 10 months in jail to run consecutively with the sentence he is already serving.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54937[/ATTACH]Can I make a point very clear here.

The author of the '2009' version of the Notice of Implied Right of Access was Mike Dobson. This is the notice that is commonly used by almost all Freeman on the Land (and similar) movements.

He was not in any was responsible for the 'bizarre' notice that was released on the internet in February 2013 (a copy of which is above).

The 'author' of that notice (which goes by the initials of NOROIRA) is believed to be the owner of one particular website and separate forum that is very well known to many on here.

It might just be me being tired, but are they claiming that they are relying on judgements from the 1800's?

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It might just be me being tired, but are they claiming that they are relying on judgements from the 1800's?

Yes in some cases they do

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

There is of course no reason why a judgement or statute from the 1800's shouldn't still be valid unless of course a higher court or parliament have changed it.

Very true but the links to the case and it;s application may be out of context, if not overruled, at some point in history.

• 3 months later...

The problem with, as I see it, trying to use the ECHR is that many of the clauses have get outs in that they say things like except for.... and silly little words like democracy. BTW I do not believe that any of us live in a true democracy just a flawed version of it.

Talking of laws being over ruled there is one that I know of that is very old and that is to do with the monarch not being allowed to marry or be catholic, the right of succession has only recently been changed. Old laws can still be valid

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .