Do i have to make another claim ?

hallowitch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3707 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

If your household income and savings are low he can make a claim for income based JSA using form JSA3.

Income Support is only available to carers and lone parents of young children.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

If your household income and savings are low he can make a claim for income based JSA using form JSA3.

Income Support is only available to carers and lone parents of young children.

ahhh right I wasn't sure what he would claim for as the only income we have is carers allowance that I receive because I care for my daughter-in-law

sorry for all the questions but this is new to us

they never told him when he signed on that his claim would stop and he is due to sign on again on the 18th which is 2 days after his benefit stops so does he phone to make a new claim for income based JSA on the 16th and still sign on the 18th

thanks

He could do that, yes, or you could make a joint claim for Income Support on the grounds that you are a carer. That might turn out to be less hassle than JSA.

If he's considering making an income based claim for JSA he should show up to sign as normal so he doesn't lose any days of entitlement. JSA(IB) would also need to be a joint claim, but you should be exempted from jobseeking requirements because of your caring responsibilities.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

• 1 month later...

confused again

income based JSA finished on the 16th April (made an on-line claim on the 17th not accepted because a claim was still running )

signed on the 18th April advisor gave him a form to fill in for income based JCA done that (form returned because I forgot to put bank details on it ) for income coming in I put my carers allowance and Mortgage protection payment

on the 10th April a payment was put in the bank ive had no letter saying he was/is entitled to income based JSA or how this payment was worked out or how much he is entitled to per week

Today receive a letter dated 10th April saying

your claim for JSA

A change in your JSA

we have looked at your claim again following a resent change

we cannot pay you JSA from the 16 March 2014 we cannot pay you because you have much more money coming in than the law says you need to live on we used tax year 5th April 2011 to 5th April 2012 to asses your claim

ok I think I understand this (contribution allowance stopped)

The attached sheet shows how we worked this out

This payment of JSA is based on the amount you need to live on we call this income based JSA the amount on this page apply from the 16th march to the 8th April (1st April last time he signed on )

How much money the law says you need to live on each week £71.70

your living expense's £71.70

we take away £115.38 because this is the money you already have coming in this could be thing like social security benefits ,earnings, savings over £6000.00 ,other money coming in

you are not entitled to JSA because you have more money coming in than the law says you need to live on

not sure if this letter is talking about contribution based JSA and not income based JSA as I say I've had no letter saying he is entitled to income based JSA or how much per week it is

should he have received a letter confirming his entitlement for income based JSA ?

is mortgage protection payment taken into account when claiming income based JSA?

will the money I have already coming in be carers allowance and income based JSA ?

the money they say I have coming in is £115.38 how is this worked

out ?

Was he entitled to the payment he received on the 10th April ?

thanks for the help people im very confused

confused again

income based JSA finished on the 16th April (made an on-line claim on the 17th not accepted because a claim was still running )

signed on the 18th April advisor gave him a form to fill in for income based JCA done that (form returned because I forgot to put bank details on it ) for income coming in I put my carers allowance and Mortgage protection payment

on the 10th April a payment was put in the bank ive had no letter saying he was/is entitled to income based JSA or how this payment was worked out or how much he is entitled to per week

Today receive a letter dated 10th April saying

your claim for JSA

A change in your JSA

we have looked at your claim again following a resent change

we cannot pay you JSA from the 16 March 2014 we cannot pay you because you have much more money coming in than the law says you need to live on we used tax year 5th April 2011 to 5th April 2012 to asses your claim

ok I think I understand this (contribution allowance stopped)

The attached sheet shows how we worked this out

This payment of JSA is based on the amount you need to live on we call this income based JSA the amount on this page apply from the 16th march to the 8th April (1st April last time he signed on )

How much money the law says you need to live on each week £71.70

your living expense's £71.70

we take away £115.38 because this is the money you already have coming in this could be thing like social security benefits ,earnings, savings over £6000.00 ,other money coming in

you are not entitled to JSA because you have more money coming in than the law says you need to live on

not sure if this letter is talking about contribution based JSA and not income based JSA as I say I've had no letter saying he is entitled to income based JSA or how much per week it is

should he have received a letter confirming his entitlement for income based JSA ?

is mortgage protection payment taken into account when claiming income based JSA?

will the money I have already coming in be carers allowance and income based JSA ?

the money they say I have coming in is £115.38 how is this worked

out ?

Was he entitled to the payment he received on the 10th April ?

thanks for the help people im very confused

He definitely should receive a letter about the income based jsa, but i've got a feeling that what the dwp meant he cannot claim income based jsa, please don't take my word for it it's just the feeling I have that what they mean. Ring and ask them.

I really don't get it to be quite honest I expected a letter when they put the money in the bank on the 10th telling me what its for and if cant claim income based JSA does that mean we would have to live on £63 a week carers allowance for the both of us