Yet another letter off Buchanan Clark & Wells

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3706 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi there my partner has been receiving numerous letter from Buchanan Clark & Wells but this letter that came today has got her worrying.

Here is the letter or some of it.

Dear XXX

Despite repeated requests for payment etc. etc. in the sum of £435.00 remains outstanding. Accordingly ,we now consider the possibility of further action on your account.

options open to us would be to consider:

I)Application to court to obtain a county court judgement/decree. If successful the balance could then be subject to further fees and costs being applied.

II)if a county court judgement/decree was granted and if it remained unpaid then they could apply to the court for further enforcement action, such as attachment of earning/earnings arrestment or a warrant of execution.

You can still prevent the above action being taken by contacting us immediately, to discuss a solution to this which will take account of your current financial circumstances.

We are prepared to help you in clearing the debt by offering you the exceptional opportunity to settle on highly favourable terms. We are willing to accept £217.50 in full and final settlement of the outstanding balance, and you may even be able to spread the payment over several instalments.

etc. etc. to take advantage of this unique opportunity.

any help would be gratefully appreciated as my girlfriend is flapping and due to being 29 weeks pregnant could really do without the added stress.

Thanks in advance Brian

Standard threatograms! :)

Example MMF claim to come round and "Assess your living standards"

Another Ive heard is someone attempting to check your actual bank balance etc...

Anyhow to send the worry off... Theyve offered a discount...

But we need more info, which creditor is it for? Being pregnant means she a little emotional... Dont worry :), Last thing she needs is this.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Hi thanks for the response:)

Its for a provident loan.

I've asked her about it ad she cant remember how long ago it is actually from but we've been together coming on 4 and half years so its quite old.

Has she checked her CRA file? Check using Noddle and see if it shows up on there.

Does she also know when the last payment was made on it, if over 6 years ago it is unenforceable through the courts (Statute Barred).

If there's a discount on it they are usually peeing into the wind and know there's something wrong with it (eg charges, stat barred etc). Really no need for her to worry at this point, it will be sorted :)

She's checked her credit file and nothing has showed not even the actual provident loan shows up.

she's almost certain its June/July 2008 when she got the initial loan..to take her and her ex to cream fields which is in august every year.

But she's not 100% sure.

That is very odd. Is there nothing on there from BCW?

It not being on the credit file would suggest that the date of default has passed which is 6 years, but this isn't possible if she actually took the loan out in June/July 2008.

My initial inkling would be to SAR the original creditor, this allows you to get all of the information they hold on your partner (she needs to sign it obviously!). It costs £10 and will give you information we need on when the loan was taken out, date of last payment, and when the account was defaulted and eventually sold on to BCW. Send this to the Data Controller of Provident and they have 40 days in which to comply. The template is in the Library.

At this point I would not engage the DCA. All they are sending is standard crap-o-grams trying to illicit you into paying. There is something fishy about this loan, the SAR will tell you what it is.

That would be my advice, someone else will be along to offer opinion shortly.

Hi thanks for the response, I'm almost certain she's mixed up the dates as we've just checked on Experian & noodle and it doesn't show up so maybe that's why there offering her 50% off it as they know they have no chance of getting the lot.

No, there are some lenders that DONT report the CRAs

Provident can be one of them.

Supposedly i have 4 debts who MMF have hold off and none appear on my credit profile. (these are fraudulent etc)

Back to the point.

BCW can occasionally deal with unenforcable debts... SAR to the original lender... When you get it, come back and we can assist.

Finally, challenge BCW with a CCA request... See what happens... £1 well spent in my view

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

There is no entry for BCW to update, which is what would normally happen.

Are payment books available for the debt?

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Amended as a per required... Problem is, Provident don't always report...

Maybe mine shows because either (a) they have sold it to some one or (b) I am no longer resident in UK or Europe however I accept that they may not always report

• 3 weeks later...

Sep keep all pertinent details on your thread otherwise they make get missed.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Looking at post 1 , I have had the same letter now twice from BCW. Once when they were acting as agents in which case they referred to their client and now as owners. Apart from the sums involved it is identical to the letter posted.

On the subject of CRAs Provident are rather hit and miss at reporting. Some they do, some they don't

Any opinion I give is from personal experience .