*** caution hastings non fault claims will be met with resistance ***

jay david
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3710 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1) You must be the only person who works in the Insurance industry who would risk Insuring their car with Hastings

2) Google Albany to see how truely bad their reputation is and how Hastings passed you over to them for a commission of circa £350

3) If you had claimed directly off your own Insurance there's a very good chance you could have received £8500 for your car using this from the Ombudsman

"9. vehicles recently purchased second-hand

If the consumer only recently bought their car second-hand, we generally assume that they paid the market value price – although we will consider any evidence the insurer can provide that this was not the case."

http://www.financial-ombudsman.org.uk/publications/technical_notes/motor-valuation.html

4) Hastings are good evidence you cannot polish the proverbial

Hi, thank you again for posting an update about this issue. I am sorry that you feel my involvement in this has not helped to progress the situation. As previously mentioned I have been liaising with the claims team on your behalf to try and understand what the delay is and what we can do to speed up the process. As you remain unhappy with the service that has been provided I have asked that this be fully reviewed by our customer relations team, they will contact you separately once they have carried out their investigation. This will also allow you to refer your file to the financial ombudsman should you wish to do so. Again I am very sorry that you remain unhappy and if you wish to contact me directly to discuss this further please feel free to do so at [email protected] Many Thanks, Jamie

dacouc i totally agree i was naive however you can never measure an insurer truly until you claim. my partner works for a car insurer recently awarded insurance provider of the year. i wish we paid the extra even though the discount made it more expensive than other insurers to know i would have been treat fairly and a lot better than hastings. i just hope the more people this thread reaches the better. it has now been shared a few times on facebook and twitter so more the better. i understand the process of how hastings are making money off me on a non fault claim which makes it more the worse they are not acting in my interest. im sure when it comes to cancellation they will try harder to make more out of me at no financial loss to themselves.

jamie im sorry but this is a fart from resolved matter and even now i have not had a response asking why my engineer report is missing the most expensive part of the damage which is airbag replacement which the 3rd party require to settle with an accurate amount of my loss. its still going from bad to worse and yes thank you for involving customer relations as this is details that fos will need to see how hastings are responding to my ongoing complaints even if unsatisfactory

Why don't you cancel the Albany claim and claim directly off your Hastings Policy, you can then look for £8500 write off value as per the Ombudsman which I think you have a very very good chance of getting especially if the actual date of the accident is younger than eight weeks

so the car has arrived back from hastings salvage this morning and i am gobsmacked. the car is stinking dirty inside and outside and even has a half bitten off fingernail on passenger seat. we sent the car to them right after a car wash and inside was spotless now it needs a full valet. am more and more disgusted with how hastings are treating us. even took pics of car which will post if can find out how to on here. so the 3rd party engineer called this morning to ask can he see the car to evaluate it and guess what he was here within an hour. quicker than it takes hastings to even return a call. this evening he called with a offer of settlement including cash in lieu for the car. very impressed and this hastings should take note is how to deal with customers. the insurer are calling us in the morning to arrange payment. so within 2 days i have had an engineer visit give an offer and will start to process payment. it took hastings longer than this to even return a call. i will now cancel my claim with hastings and will also then cancel my policy which i am sure 100% they will become even more akward and start with obstacles in me doing so like asking to retain full premium even though they have no right too or will charge a cancellation fee. hope jamie takes not of this as i wont be happy if any of this happens and will indeed go into complaint to fos that is already growing day by day.